K22 or FP60 thats the question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jer

K22 or FP60 thats the question

Post by jer »

I updating my freepistol and wondering between Pardini K22 and Hämmerli FP60. Any opinions about these guns?
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

I have only tried the FP60 and I didn't really like it. If you have a good Hämmerli dealer in town you should check out the older FP10. That's a very nice pistol!

Post by Guest »

Pardini has a good reputation for customer service. Also, the K22 has been around long enough that any bugs would now be known. Hammerli no longer exists as it once did. It's just a brand name owned by the Umarex conglomerate. I am a bit hesitant about a company who is now a subsidiary to another company (Walther) with a spotty history regarding service and support. Do you want to be the guy to buy an unproven design, hopeful that you will get parts and support when and if needed? If you really like the FP60, that's one thing. If you are a bit ambivalent and think that either the FP60 or K22 would suit your needs, I'd go with Pardini.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

The FP10 is no longer supported, AFAIK. If you want something in that direction, check out the Matchguns MG5. Or go with the stuff everyone at the top uses and buy a CM84E...
GaryBF

Post by GaryBF »

Read member Nicole Hamilton's review of the K22 here: viewtopic.php?t=12825&highlight=
scerir

Post by scerir »

Tycho wrote: The FP10 is no longer supported, AFAIK. If you want something in that direction, check out the Matchguns MG5. Or go with the stuff everyone at the top uses and buy a CM84E...
It seems too soon to buy a MG5 now (according to a top shooter, who used it in competitions, and came back to his old 84E). The K22 has a super mechanical trigger, but top shooters do not like K22 so much, because scores are lower (reasons unknown, maybe the barrel is too low?). I would buy the 84E.
Fred Mannis

K22

Post by Fred Mannis »

You are correct - for some reason there are few seen on the line. It is a much lighter pistol, mainly because it has a thinner barrel. I like this feature because it allows me to adjust the weight and balance the way I want it.

Post by Guest »

Re-read the title of the original post.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Anonymous wrote:Re-read the title of the original post.
To which response are you referring?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Fred Mannis wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Re-read the title of the original post.
To which response are you referring?
I think he's refering to the fact that the discussion has left the two models that were mentioned in the original post. Althought if he actually read he would have seen why.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,
I have a FP60. There is nothing wrong with the mechanics in this gun. I hope Mellberg has time to try the pistol to feel the trigger for him selves when we meet in august 23?
It is easy to see how all parts work and adjust the trigger to your liking.
The trigger shoe is a bit odd but it feels fine under your finger. A Styer LP10 trigger shoe fits if one wants to try something different. An FP10, as someone recommended, is an alternative but I think that the grip stands for 80% of your result (from 520 and up) and once you feel satisfied with it after some years, the pistol may start to have parts worn out. An earlier model, 160 does have the same grip and you may find an used 160. You do not say what gun you have today.

Kent
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Dear jer - you haven't posted very many details about yourself, your location, your level of shooting experience, etc, so my comment here will be related to more general aspects rather than specifics.

1) Hammerli - it has been pointed out that Hammerli is not the company it once was. From the service experiences I have seen and heard of in the past 3 years or so, I simply would not by any new Hammerli product. Their older products (read 150, 160) are excellent and very durable in most respects. The FP10 has a significant weakness in its trigger mechanism and should be avoided unless it is equipped with the 3rd generation trigger, then it's a wonderful pistol. For comparison purposes, the MG5 is essentially an FP10, but with a better trigger. I have never seen/touched an FP60 but because it is a product of the "new" Hammerli company I also don't have any interest in it because I want a pistol which will experience the same level of service as I've received from companies like Morini and MatchGuns. From what I have seen recently, Hammerli is no longer in the business of providing service or caring for their customers.

2) Pardini - Different pistol from 'mainstream' FP's in many respects. But "different" is not necessarily bad! I've held one and have to say it feels very nice in the hand - doubly so as I like a pistol that is light in the muzzle. The trigger was not what I have come to expect on an FP (long & creepy versus the desired short travel, crisp, light trigger found on other FP's). I also wasn't too keen on the fact that it doesn't eject the spent cartridge case, but rather only extracts it. That's a minor irrirtation though and wouldn't stop me from purchasing the pistol. On the topic of support for the product, Pardini support is as good as your Pardini dealer. If you have a good dealer then you will likely get good support. I think the beauty of the Pardini is that it's a very simple design and not likely to need much service.

So, there's a response to your original question. If you ha asked the question differently I likely would have answered as others have here. Try the CM84E - it is a very nice pistol to shoot, and the trigger is fantastic.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

[quote="Pardini support is as good as your Pardini dealer. If you have a good dealer then you will likely get good support. [/quote]

Hammerli has an exellent service in Sweden.

Kent
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

Yes, HÄ-Sport which is the swedish Hämmerli dealer has superior service for all Hämmerli products in Sweden compared to other companies. It's very sad to see that the service isn't the same abroad (outside Sweden).
6string

Post by 6string »

For those in the US who may be interested, Larry Carter now has the Hammerli FP60 listed on his website, in addition to the Pardini K60 that he has carried since Don Nygord's unfortunate passing. The site looks newly revised and is not yet complete. There is no pricing info on the FP60 but it is listed. I think this is good news for those interested. Larry is a fine gunsmith and probably wouldn't bother with the FP60 (or the K22!) if they were going to be a headache for him.