Hammerli FP10 question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ttshooter

Hammerli FP10 question

Post by ttshooter »

I just got a FP10 & I found that the extractor has been broken before.
is this a part that brakes alot??
thanks todd
phil

Post by phil »

I'am using a FP10 since 5 year without problems of any kind. I have changed the grip to a Rink one because i was unable to enough correct the original one (7 degree angle).
ttshooter

Post by ttshooter »

thanks that is what I wanted to hear...
ttshooter

Post by ttshooter »

how do you tell if you have the "3rd Gen" trigger?
did the others have bearings at all?
mine has bearings in it, so do I have the 3rd gen?
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Todd - good luck with getting any 'hard' information on the Gen 3 trigger. Hammerli denies its existance. I've worked first-hand with this trigger and can report that it's what Hammerli should have put in the gun in the first place, but likely decided to cut costs in order to make the FP-10 a more competitive price. Too bad because the earlier generations of trigger have cost the pistol's reputation dearly, and for good reason.

The Gen 3 trigger has ball bearings on each of the 3 major pivot shafts that extend from one side of the trigger housing to the other. The eariler generations have either one or two of these shafts riding on bearings.

Good luck with your FP-10 - I've always enjoyed shooting this model and hope you have similar positive experiences.