info on LMP 1

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
10 METER

info on LMP 1

Post by 10 METER »

Hello there,
I am new to this sport and borrowing a spare gun of a friend and learning the basics. I am looking for a good starter gun and I met an older shooter who owns two Walther LPM 1 and selling one. I searched for info on lpm's but almost nothing and if there is - its in foreign language.
To the owners and to those in the know, please give your comments about this air pistol, performance or problems with this pistol etc...
The only info I know is - Walther stopped its production. Reason?
The IZH, I was advised is also good but the availability according to the vendors is uncertain
Thanks
Last edited by 10 METER on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trev2205

Post by Trev2205 »

Have you tried LPM 1 instead of LMP 1 ?. LPM is correct.
It's a great gun, as long as it's been looked after.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Our hosts have a page on the LPM1 in their TenP Files.

It includes the comment "Be aware that the first dry fire after a live shot may result in the expulsion of some air." Remember that if that happens during an ISSF Air Pistol match then you will be scored with a miss. If it happens on your first dry fire in the preparation period then you will be given a warning.

8.6.4.5.1 If a shooter releases the propelling charge during the preparation period he must be given a WARNING for the first violation and a DEDUCTION of two (2) points from the lowest value shot(s) in the first competition series for the second and subsequent violations.
8.6.4.5.2 Any release of the propelling charge, after the first competition target is in place, without a hit on the target will be scored as a miss. Dry firing without release of the propelling charge is permitted except during Finals.
10 METER

Post by 10 METER »

trev2205 - it was a typo error (my bad). yes i looked at LPM 1.
10 METER

Post by 10 METER »

David,
Thanks for the info. Those are the things I will consider if i decide to buy it.

Post by Guest »

you are forgiven for the typo - but not for metre
MarkR

LPM-1

Post by MarkR »

I have an LPM-1 which I bought used from Pilkguns for about a year. While I like the gun a lot, it has had it's share of problems. First, the charging lever snapped in two - and try to find a new one! Been trying since before Christmas last year with no luck and I have several dealers on the hunt.

Second, it tends to leak every once in while. There is a spring which pushes the valve against the seal and once every 20 shots or so I can hear it move with an audible "twang". The result is a dramatic loss of pressure. I have cleaned the seal and valve, while it helps, it doesn't solve the problem.

I have repaired the charging lever with screws and aluminum bar stock - it's horribly ugly but actually stronger than the original. As far as the tempermental leak, I just have to live with it.

It is very accurate and as a backup gun it works fine for me. I do wish I could depend on it more, as I really prefer it to my Morini CM162E!

Just my thoughts.

Mark