35m. longevity

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dam8

35m. longevity

Post by dam8 »

How durable is this piece of farm equipment? mine is a 2000. I've shot a season with it and had great results. My concern is that it clanks and slams around. Will this beat it up to the point of wearing out?(it is only shooting 22 :-)
Fred Mannis

Re: 35m. longevity

Post by Fred Mannis »

dam8 wrote:How durable is this piece of farm equipment? mine is a 2000. I've shot a season with it and had great results. My concern is that it clanks and slams around. Will this beat it up to the point of wearing out?(it is only shooting 22 :-)
I take it you mean IZH35M? Mine was built in 1995, tuned and sold by Don Nygord and passed through several hands before I bought it a few years ago. I assume it has seen considerable use, but it functions flawlessly. I have experienced none of the IZH problems discussed on this site. I am using it this season in my club's Monday night league (90 shot BE course) and love it in sustained fire for the minimal recoil and rapid recovery. I have added a DJ trigger shoe, 115gm barrel weight/slide stop, and RInk grips. I hope it goes another 10 years :-)
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Like Fred I am assuming you mean any IZH-35M.

Get used to the clunk.

I think that many other pistols are engineered to such fine tolerances that they make very little noise. Everything just slides perfectly. But therein lies part of the problem experienced by many other shooters - the fine tolerances mean that it does not take too much "gunk" to build up to have problems with either feeding or ejecting spent cases.

I have had an IZH a couple of years and last week decided to pull mine apart and give it a clean. I was surprised how little debris had gathered in it despite thousands or rounds having been through it.

The IZH might be agricultural in manufacture but it shoots beautifully with very little recoil. It takes all sorts of ammo and you can put all shots through the one ragged hole about 1.5cm across if you bench rest it at 25m.

I love the clunking noises. At least you know that the first bullet has been slammed home.
dam8

Post by dam8 »

Being a farmer I didn't mean '' farm equipment" as an insult. I researched the IZH for a couple of years before I bought mine. I found that it eats anything I have fed it. And as long as I do my part, it always does it's part.
Thanks guys for your imput. It"s muchly appreciated.