A new group, that could use everyones help

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Illinois shooter

A new group, that could use everyones help

Post by Illinois shooter »

Here is the website of a new group in Illinois, that could use help from the shooting community. Check it out!!!

www.cipshooters.org
Lanning R. Hochhauser

Post by Lanning R. Hochhauser »

I didn't see much about air pistol. Is there any interest in air pistol in the club?
Lanning Hochhauser
isuguncoach

Post by isuguncoach »

I am working with this group trying to build a range. Yes there is interest in air pistols, but the present air range is a temporary setup, that we have had to move 4 times in the past 8 years. We have worked to get equipment for air rifle and small bore, that is pretty well in place. We just got the pistol function going and competitve, air pistol as a priority is next on our list.

We are small group that has been making great progress, concidering what we started with, we just need even a little help from a shooters.

Joe Miller
Lanning R. Hochhauser

Post by Lanning R. Hochhauser »

Joe,
I live in Chicago suburbs and would travel to pistol matches in Normal. My daughter is a freshman at ISU.
Lanning Hochhauser
wrc

Post by wrc »

Be very thankful that you have the land for the range. It looks like ours will be sold out from under us much sooner than later.
Wheaton shooter.
isuguncoach

Post by isuguncoach »

Lanning, have your daughter stop by practice some day. We have practice Wed. and Thurs,in Redbird Arena. We know we will get into air pistol, but funds have had to be prioritized. The more experience we have the better.

WRC, finding a range is Illinois is the most difficult challenge to a good junior program. Our group has been successful in getting youth program going, but the range issue lead us to this effort to build our own range. With the land donated, we hope to build a range for everyone to use for education and training. We as shooters have to get out and do something for our young shooters, or we won't have any.

Joe