His final ranking

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Ted

His final ranking

Post by Ted »

A very good friend of mine died yesterday. His name was Lee Fisher. Besides being a good friend, he was a good shooter and coach. He has a long list of accomplishments. Some of which were being all american in pistol in college. After college, he was Indiana state champion in various international disciplines over the years. Besides striving to be a good shooter, he tried to instill his love of shooting in young people by becoming a junior coach at his local gunclub. He coached countless number of juniors in rifle and pistol and had two junior teams that won a school district's air pistol league championship. Lee also ran monthly international pistol/rifle matches at his local gunclub and was international director of his state association. I looked up his national ranking on the USA website in one of his favorite discilines, free pistol. His final ranking will be 33. I am sad that he will not have the opportunity to improve on this. I am even sadder at the loss of a friend. I am glad I had the opportunity to know and shoot with him for over 20 years. He will be missed by many.
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

My condolences to you Ted - sounds like both you and our sport lost a great guy.

Why not get together with some of your fellow club members and dedicate a memorial free pistol match in Lee's honor and memory?

Sounds like he would have really liked that.

F. Paul in Denver
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

My condolences also, Ted,

We've lost a couple friends at one of the clubs I belong to over the past few years and recently discussed this very issue. For the first (I'm not sure about the second one yet) a tree was planted on the property. I believe one for the second member may also have been planted. In addition, it was decided for the last one that we would dedicate the State Match and then name one of the firing points for each in memoriam. The plan, last I knew, was to institute this as an ongoing program for as long as the club exists.

Take Care,
Ed Hall
http://www.airforceshooting.org/
http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/
DWG

Post by DWG »

I was just getting to know Lee. We were just past the point of knowing first names with faces. I know Lee was excited about cowboy action shooting as a recent new pastime and talked about it a lot at his local matches. i enjoyed talking with him about shooting sports. He will be missed.

Dave Gaskill
amonkey

Goodbye Lee F.

Post by amonkey »

I just met Lee a year ago and he whole-heartedly welcomed my wife and myself to the club. We felt very welcome and I was looking forward to seeing him again.
Let's not forget his expertise with Manurhin revolvers!!
We'll miss a great shooter and a great guy.

Ted, if you guys in Indiana have a Lee F. memorial shoot, post it and I'll be there!!!

John
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Ted:

Real sad to hear about Lee- brings back fond memories of the AP matches in the basement of the Boys/Girls club in Ekins (sp?).
smoking357

Re: His final ranking

Post by smoking357 »

Lee was, in all regards, a great guy.

He was a true ambassador for the shooting sports.