Help - Morini 162 EI doesn't fire

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
2slow2race

Help - Morini 162 EI doesn't fire

Post by 2slow2race »

I'm hoping someone out there can help. My wife was shooting at the NRA Sectionals today and her Morini 162 EI didn't work.

I had her swap batteries. Swap cylinders, both cylinders show the guage at about half full. We yanked the electronics out and put them back in. Still nothing. The electronics are blinking every 4 seconds like the manual says if all is OK. Is there anything else that I should check?

It seems like you can't pull the trigger, like there's a safety on.

Thanks

Dick
psf32

Post by psf32 »

Had the same thing in the shop today and the person had some how got the grip screw touching the circuit board. I would give that a look first.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Have you adjusted the trigger? Same thing happened to a team mate of mine last year at the Grand Prix. He had adjusted the trigger and I beleive took too much travel out of the second stage. Put a little travel back in and it worked fine.
2slow2race

No grip or trigger mods since last shot

Post by 2slow2race »

Thanks for the replies. We haven't done anything to the trigger or grip.

Last week it worked just fine. All she did was swap batteries and shot 60 pellets. Then turned it off and put it back in the case.

I checked to see if anything was touching the circuit board. Lots of clearance from the grip screws.

I also cleaned the contacts in hopes maybe that was it.
Fabian

Most probably second stage trigger adjustemt.

Post by Fabian »

Check the second stage adjustment on the trigger, a friend of mine recently repaired mine. I don't really know how, but as it is the case with you, I had done nothing to the pistol before, but all of the sudden it refused to shoot.

Good luck, Carlos
2slow2race

THANK YOU - It WAS the 2nd stage travel

Post by 2slow2race »

All - thank you for the solution. It WAS the 2nd stage travel.

Like Carlos, we didn't do ANYTHING, it just stopped working. I figured, what the heck, I don't have anything to lose, so let's try adjusting it. It's now working.

Thanks again to everyone who responded. It's much appreciated.

Dick
No longer Morini Ei162 ow

Pardini EL-desease is the word

Post by No longer Morini Ei162 ow »

Appears your Morini have been struck by the Pardini EL-virus.
The Pardini electronic versions (like my .32 ) have a bad habit of refusing to fire, for no obvious reason.
My cure is to let it rest a few days, then test the trigger. If it does not fire, let it rest for a few more days. And suddenly, some sunny day, again for no obvious reason. the trigger unit may operate ok again. Strange.

(No, the batteries are not to blame, no...)
Francesco

Pistol doesn't fire

Post by Francesco »

Here is the exploded view of the trigger unit. The screw nr. 162083 regulates the distance from part 162081 to the microswitch (162089T). This distance in conbination with 2 stage travel can cause the problem. We normally set in the factory until the pistol don't fire and after we go back 2/3. For some reasons sometimes it is too close.
Attachments
162080t.pdf
(84.46 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

And for some reasons, this is not documented in the manual... and for some reasons, sometimes 2/3 is not close enough and people walk away from the 162, disappointed by the creepy characteristics... Good for us who know how to use a screwdriver, but a strange symptom of the non-adjustability-virus, IMHO.
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Francesco, Did you get my e-mail? Are you near Verbania (Lago Maggiore)?

Paul
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

We are 50 km from Verbania.