DRULOV75

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
DRULOV75

DRULOV75

Post by DRULOV75 »

I have a Drulov 75 Free pistol. These were made in Chechoslovakia. I have had mine since the 80's. Does any one shoot one of these? I made a new grip for mine from fiberglass. The original grip was and still is huge. It always attracts attention at the range, it looks like a short bolt action rifle with no bolt handle. It has a trigger set lever and top load port. This also had a button for a trigger that levered down to fire. I machined the button off and attached a new trigger that allows the finger to press a wire shaped like a shoe. Works very well. would like to hear from anyone else who has one. It's very entry level, I know, but very affordable. Thanks
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Hi sir, very nice pistol.
Is like this?

Do you test it to check group's size? I believe it can take the mouche or at least ten ring. Some friends told me that trigger is very good.

Bye.
Ned

Post by Ned »

Member from my club has one
Attachments
DSC00077a.jpg
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

This gun was my introduction to Free Pistol shooting. I also added a shoe to the trigger screw, and a heel rest to the factory grip. I polished the sear parts, and was able to get the trigger pull down to a few grams.
My gun was very accurate. For ammo testing, I made an adapter to use the 1911 insert for my Ransom Rest, and found the gun very accurate, even with inexpensive Federal Lightning #510 ammo (.98/box at WalMart) This #510 ammo has been renamed "Champion", still .98/box. Then, for serious practice and matches, I switched to Federal 711's and 900's.

The down side, is the pressure you've got to exert with the heel of your left hand to cock the bolt when closing it. The strain on your shooting wrist to resist this pressure, gets to be a bit much for 60 shots. This convinced me to buy a TOZ.
I sold the gun to a sillhouette shooter, still have a copy of the owner's manual. If you need a copy, e-mail me.

Paul