How do I adjust the stock on an Anschutz 2001?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TargetTerror

How do I adjust the stock on an Anschutz 2001?

Post by TargetTerror »

I just acquired an Anschutz 2001 (awesome rifle!). It has a wooden stock with an adjustable cheek piece and but piece. But, I can't for the life of me figure out how to adjust either. There are 2 plastic snap type things on the right side of the butt (its a right hand model) for the cheeck and butt piece, but I can't figure out what to do with them. The manual is less than helpful as well.

Also, do I need extra plates if I want to raise the cheek or butt piece, or can it be adjusted on the stock as is?

Thanks!
ADC59

Anschutz 2001 Stock Adjustment

Post by ADC59 »

It's a little hard to explain, but the round plastic things are nuts. Look for screws that if loosened allow lateral movement of the cheekpiece and butt plate. The length, angle, and cant of the cheekpiece and butt plate are controlled by spacers. The spacers come flat or wedge like. I suggest you contact Neal Stepp at International Shooters Supply for the specialized spacers if you need any.

Alan Carey
TargetTerror

Post by TargetTerror »

Thanks for the info. I fiddled around withe butt piece last night and figured it out. There are 3 4mm hex bolts holding the butt piece and spacer in place.

I believe I see where the screws for the cheek piece are (accessed from the bottom or the butt), but they look like they are some weird key/star shaped bolt. Do I need a special tool, or would a regular screwdriver suffice?
ADC59

Anschutz 2001 Stock Adjustment

Post by ADC59 »

I just tried mine and the screws for the cheekpiece adjustment are 4mm hex screws. Suggest trying a 4mm hex wrench and seeng if it works.
Alan Carey
TargetTerror

Re: Anschutz 2001 Stock Adjustment

Post by TargetTerror »

ADC59 wrote:I just tried mine and the screws for the cheekpiece adjustment are 4mm hex screws. Suggest trying a 4mm hex wrench and seeng if it works.
Alan Carey
Thanks for you help. I feel silly now, as all it took was some wiggling with a 4mm hex wrench and both the butt and cheek piece adjusted. It just didn't look like a hex bolt for the cheek piece.
TargetTerror

Post by TargetTerror »

One other question with the Anschutz 2001. Is there a way to open the action without cocking the rifle and pressurizing the cylinder? It doesn't seem like there is, but I'd like to open the action before heading down range for safety reasons.

And is there a dry fire mechanism?
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

They sell spacers for extending the butt and raising the cheek piece. I have made my own in some cases. When I had one of those I had riser blocks on it and had to raise the cheek piece quite a bit. 1/4" fender washers should work too.

I did not have a 2001 I had a pneumatic 2002 and I don't remember a way to cock the mechanism without compressing the air. It does not hurt to dryfire and release air but in a match it can be a problem since you can't expell air in prep periods.