Caffeine?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Caffeine?

Post by Guest »

Has anyone done any experiment or had any experiences with caffeine and shooting scores (standing especially). I shoot International 60 shots standing (average about 560) and for the whole 18 monthes I've been shooting, my coaches have warned me about caffeine before a match because it gives you "the shakes" I know caffeine increases heart rate but how much does that affect scores?
wrc

Post by wrc »

Check out the discussion going on here:
http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=13237
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

HI

Getting off caffiene is a good all around thing to do, I haven't though. If you're still an addict (I'm Mike and I'm Caffiene dependent), then you have to weigh the alternatives of no caffiene and being down, mad, etc, and drinking a coffee and having an increased heart rate which in turn gives you a larger wobble area.

In short, which is your greater weakness, a large wobble area, or a mental screwup because you didn't get your normal caffiene?

Mike
Wichita KS
RifleNicky

Post by RifleNicky »

i quit drinking caffiene filled sodas, tea's and suck (never was on for coffie) about 5years ago. yea i was an addict then but now i have never felt better. when i do have something like and icee or a little chocolate (which im also not a big fan of) sometimes i feel sick to my stomach

sooo all in all if your used to it and need it to NOT shake, yes that possible, then dont over due it.