Sex TNB & Scores

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Elmas

Sex TNB & Scores

Post by Elmas »

Question to those participating in Matches.

Golfers are certain that sex the night before 'improves the eye' ...

How does this hold for Shooters ?

Both sexes ??

Elmas
iow

Post by iow »

..... I think you must be on the wrong website , you perv.
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

I don't think the question is perverted, but the lack of response suggests shooters fall into two groups with little in between: (1) Those who have sex all the time and have no idea what it would be like to shoot without having had sex and (2) Those who basically never have sex and have no idea what it would be like to shoot if they did.

Post by Guest »

I think that this is a genuine question.

I think that it would depend on how "energetic" the sex was as to how it would effect your performance the next day (or even the same day). So, as such I don't think there is an absolute answer.

I know of one person who won a major international Trap (ISSF) shooting championship only a matter of hours afterwards, including winning a tie breaking shoot off for gold. Not so sure that this would have been the case if it had been one of the more precision types of shooting!

There is also the rumour that eastern block female athletes would get pregnant the right number of months before a major international competition. Apparently there is a period during pregnacy that a womans performance in shooting is boosted by the hormonal changes.
RifleNicky

Post by RifleNicky »

im not quit sure how to answer tis with shooter, I guess i agree with the guest above me^.

but i do know that wrestlers, as in high school type wrestling and a few semi pro wrestlers and boxers i know stand by that men should Not have sex befor a larger match. While they belive females Should have sex befor a big match.

i never got the full details on why, but multiple people i know who dont know each other agree to this.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

You have to look at the requirements for the sport, boxing and wrestling have nothing in common with shooting.

Have you ever shot when you were mad, upset , or otherwise distracted, how did it go? I have and my performance sucked. Shooting requires focus which, when relaxed, is easier to do. So I would have to think that sex probably would be benefical for most. Just as a small amount of alcohol would also relax you.

Well where do we sign up for the study?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

iow wrote:..... I think you must be on the wrong website , you perv.
I hope you are joking, if so put a little smiley face on there :) If you're not joking well ...... how are things in your monastery.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Nicole Hamilton wrote:I don't think the question is perverted, but the lack of response suggests shooters fall into two groups with little in between: (1) Those who have sex all the time and have no idea what it would be like to shoot without having had sex and (2) Those who basically never have sex and have no idea what it would be like to shoot if they did.
Nicole you missed the third group 3) those that don't have sex all the time but wish they did.
Dean E. Pard

Post by Dean E. Pard »

Stress reliever?
iow

Post by iow »

OI RICHARD H ,
I'm perfectly entitled to my opinion & as for me being in a monastary , i'm English & i side with Henry VIII about those places.
I still say it's a question which is a bit creepy considering target shooting kids also read these forums , and i still say PERV ;)
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

iow wrote:OI RICHARD H ,
I'm perfectly entitled to my opinion & as for me being in a monastary , i'm English & i side with Henry VIII about those places.
I still say it's a question which is a bit creepy considering target shooting kids also read these forums , and i still say PERV ;)
Oh you're English say no more nudge nudge wink wink, a nudge is as good as a wink to a blind man hey hey
Nicole Hamilton

Richard H wrote:Nicole you missed the third group 3) those that don't have sex all the time but wish they did.
Yeah, but folks in that group would probably have sex some of the time and might know if makes a difference. The folks on this board aren't real shy; if someone has some basis for an opinion, they usually post it. But no one has.

I'm beginning to suspect the only action most of us ever see is in a gun.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

It is beneficial to have sex before, during and after the match for the following reasons.

1. Sex prior to a match.
It is known that after having sex, anxiety is lowered, stress is diminished and a person is more relaxed physically. All are desirable attributes to have prior to a match.

2. Sex during a match.
All of the above attributes are helpfull if the shooter starts to have fliers or is having trouble keeping them in the black. It is reccomended that this only be used during Air Pistol and Free Pistol matches due to the time constraints of other courses of fire. I am not familiar with Rifle or Shotgun match proceedures.

3. Sex after the match.
A reward for doing well in the match and as an incentive to participate in as many competitions as possible. This will encourage the shooter to practice and spend more time training to do well at future matches.

In the USA a competitor will be under direct observation after winning a match until a sample is supplied to USADA, the anti doping agency. ISSF Rule 5.1.4.3, " At the discretion of the physician, direct observation may be used with a same sex observer present".
Based on the above, sex must be delayed until after the required sample is provided.

To paraphrase William Shakespear, " To score or not to score, that is the question."

Sandy S. :>)
Nicole Hamilton

Sandy wrote:2. Sex during a match. ... I am not familiar with Rifle or Shotgun match proceedures.
Slow prone?
Southpaw

Post by Southpaw »

I just got caught up in a fantasy! During a match you say? Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!

I think it could help my score.

SP
Moore, Ian E

Post by Moore, Ian E »

Nicole Hamilton wrote:
Sandy wrote:2. Sex during a match. ... I am not familiar with Rifle or Shotgun match proceedures.
Slow prone?
Sustained fire.
CraigE

For some of us....

Post by CraigE »

This thread could get out of hand.
cdf

Post by cdf »

Can be hazardous if your wife catches ya .

Chris
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

..... I think you must be on the wrong website , you perv.

I am sure I'm on the right website.... Been a shooter for most of my life.... but a " Perv " is someone essentially young.....

But as I am 62 , so in whoever wrote this response's opinion ;

I surely must be a " dom " {Dirty Old Man !! } :>)
iow

Post by iow »

If nothing else , at least my response got the discussion going .... you "dirty old perv" ;)