FWB 2700?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

FWB 2700?

Post by Guest »

Has anyone had any experience with the new Feinwerkbau 2700 .22? I'm going to buy a new smallbore rifle and the FWB seems like a good alternative to the Anschutz (comes with sights) if it shoots decently.
Also, any advice on which smallbore to buy would be nice. It will mostly be for 3p but maybe some prone.

Post by Guest »

I don't have a lot of experience with the 2700 but I noticed a lot of people at the National Matches at Camp Perry were using them. Another good alternative to anschutz is a Walther kk300. They cost less than the other two and come with sights and shoot just as well. If your looking to buy a new smallbore and don't know which one to get see if you can't hold some different rifles. If you have a local 3p club go and see if you can hold different rifles and see which one fits you best. Buts thats just my .02 cents.
j.edwards

Re: FWB 2700?

Post by j.edwards »

Anonymous wrote:Has anyone had any experience with the new Feinwerkbau 2700 .22? I'm going to buy a new smallbore rifle and the FWB seems like a good alternative to the Anschutz (comes with sights) if it shoots decently.
Also, any advice on which smallbore to buy would be nice. It will mostly be for 3p but maybe some prone.
FWIW I have a 2602 that I really like and would not trade for anything else.

I'm sure that you are aware that most match .22's are ammo sensitive. At the range where I shoot, we have a machine rest that we use to test ammo. With the wrong ammo my rifle will not shoot 5 shot groups that could be covered with a dime and the holes are not all touching. With the right ammo, 5 shot groups are all touching, nice and round and would all be 10's.

There was a post some time ago about how many medals have been won with Anschutz vs. FWB. If I remember correctly and depending on what criteria was used it was virtually a dead heat. It may be a "Ford/Chevy" argument, but I'm very satisfied with my FWB.
Martin H

Post by Martin H »

Hi,
My wife has had a FWB 2700 for 18months now and loves it. Very easy to use and comfortable for her. It has the 22mm barrel and she seems to shoot very well with it. The pistol grip is more comfortable than my Anschutz 2213 stock.

I had to borrow it last year for our Outdoor Nationals. I shot a 587 first up (50m) and by the end of the week, I finished up with a 594 so they are very easy to set-up and use.
Cheers
Martin