Steyr LP1

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
AJOO8

Steyr LP1

Post by AJOO8 »

Can some tell me about this pistol? Would a new Anshuts be a better choice as far as new technology? How well do they shoot? When did they first come out? Is it pretty close to the LP-10? What are the differences between the LP1 and 10?

Post by Guest »

AJ, I think my reply will reflect most readers thoughts.

Do a search using LP1, LP10 and LP@ (or whatever else interests you).
This will give you plenty to mull over.
You can even search the archives for older info.

Then, if you still have questions, be sure to ask them here.
cdf

Post by cdf »

The LP1 was/is a world class AP , some would say better than the LP10 . Dont let CO2 scare you off , it's available anywhere there is a fire extinguisher shop . If you can get a sharp deal on an LP1 , take it . Th Anchutz is basically a different interpretation of the LP10 theme , cant really go wrong either way .

Chris
sparky

Post by sparky »

IIRC, it was good enough to win the gold medal at the last Olympics.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

I am very happy with my LP1, which I bought used a few years ago. As noted by others, the CO2 version is an excellent choice. I converted mine to CA since I was already set up with a SCUBA tank, valves, etc. Pilkington sells the conversion kits.
shadow

LP1

Post by shadow »

You cannot go wrong with the LP1. The Anschutz might be a great pistol but you do not see it on the line. You would be able to sell your Steyr quite easily. I have a Lp1 and it came from Pilkington.
Nicole Hamilton

Anschutz LP@ guns

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

shadow wrote:The Anschutz might be a great pistol but you do not see it on the line.
You don't see it on the line where? :) I shoot an LP10P myself, but in our AP league out here in WA, there were several shooters with LP@ guns. To me, it looked like the differences were mostly minor, almost cosmetic, like the difference between a Ford and a Mercury.