Question about Vibration Dampening Compensator

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ADC59

Question about Vibration Dampening Compensator

Post by ADC59 »

Target Talkers

I have a strictly academic question concerning the introduction of vibration dampening compensators on pnuematic air rifles. Specifically, which was the first to intoduce the compensator.

I have a Champion's Choice catalog dated May 1, 1997 that lists it for the FWB 603. Other candidates might be the Steyr LG-10P or Walther LG-200.

Which manufacterer was first?

Thanks
Alan Carey
peepsight

Vibration damping

Post by peepsight »

Hi
Sorry for the late reply
All compressed airguns suffer from Newtons 3rd law, "for every action there is an equal and opposte reaction". The match rifle makers decided to elliminate this phenomena by fitting an absorber.

Although i'm not totally sure, i think Steyr were one of the first pioneers of the recoil absorber. I think to a point the absorber was under development by more the one manufacturer at the same time.

Its worth mentioning that the Steyr absorber is so good that Anschutz have adopted it for their 9003 model. Its also worth noting that on the Scatt trace tests Steyr came out on top, but a few world class shooters are now saying they do not like a completely 'dead' gun and like to feel a tiny 'kick'!

Peepsight