Anschutz Sight-Track

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ADC59

Anschutz Sight-Track

Post by ADC59 »

Hello Target Talkers:

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the Anschutz Sight-Track, a gizmo that attaches to the front of the Anschutz Universal rear sight. It's supposed to act as a sunshade, which makes sense, but also have some capability or ocular piece in the front of the thing that enhances sight alignment. Sounds good, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen the thing and can explain to me how it works.

Thanks
Alan Carey

Post by Guest »

The sight-track replaces the normal clamping block used on the 7002 canting rearsight. Its about 4" long and straddles the breech cut out, the front part clamping onto the front receiver ring.

I can't say that I've heard of any "ocular piece" in there, I think it is more the long tube should reduce light not coming from the direction of the target, in the manner of the old-fashioned Freeland tube sights.

It is said to stiffen up the action, which can improve grouping.
ADC59

Anschutz Sight Track

Post by ADC59 »

Thanks for your reply. Most of my questions are answered. I'm still trying to picture how the sight improves sight alignment. Does the shooter look through a small diameter tube housed within the Sight-Track? Does this tube move when you adjust the rear sights?
Thanks
Alan Carey

Post by Guest »

my understanding of the sight trac is that due to the length of narrow tube that you look through, if you are not in alignment, your field of view through the sight will look oblong, or oval shaped...

just what ive heard though...
dave_samK11

Post by dave_samK11 »

I've got one, there is no additional "bits" up the tube, it doesn't help with alignment but you don't get any glare one thing though if you run a lot of eye relief the end may intrude into your sight picture NOT GOOD

Is it worth the money, well yes and no, it is expensive what for it is but then if you want one then what else would you spend your money on?

David
sandy22

Post by sandy22 »

dave_samK11 wrote:one thing though if you run a lot of eye relief the end may intrude into your sight picture NOT GOOD David
Funny, I'd have thought the opposite - it would be more likely to intrude with short eye relief. In any case, as you say, not good. You'd imagine the traditional anti-glare tube that travels with the aperture carrier might be safer in that regard.

I think I've seen it claimed that these units help stiffen the action. Does anyone share my scepticism that they could really have any significant contribution that way?