RF results at CAT are up

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
IPshooter

RF results at CAT are up

Post by IPshooter »

http://www.issf-shooting.org/update/cal ... de=results

Does anyone know what happened to Keith Sanderson? Gun trouble?

Stan
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

He had what I like to call an "Alibini". His electronic trigger kacked out during a string, then worked fine when the RO checked it. Lost 30 points.

R.M.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

R.M. wrote:His electronic trigger kacked out during a string, then worked fine when the RO checked it.
I am not sure if he very latest electronic module has cured this well known Pardini problem.

I have called a non-allowable on a shooter (sorry PaulT) when exactly this happened in a Standard Pistol match.

It is like a set of old batteries not having enough "umph" to recharge a capacitor quickly enough. By the time the RO takes the gun and pulls the trigger the capacitor has recharged and the pistol fires.

If they haven't already done so they need to redesign the module so that it cuts off when the battery voltage drops to a certain level and will not reset until either the voltage reaches a much higher level (e.g. new battery) or the module has been turned off and on again.
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

R.M. wrote:He had what I like to call an "Alibini". His electronic trigger kacked out during a string, then worked fine when the RO checked it. Lost 30 points.

R.M.
Thanks for the info. That sucks. There's nothing more frustrating than technology that fails.

Stan
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

David Levene wrote:
If they haven't already done so they need to redesign the module so that it cuts off when the battery voltage drops to a certain level and will not reset until either the voltage reaches a much higher level (e.g. new battery) or the module has been turned off and on again.
David,

Sounds like a good solution to me. But, does the RO turn it off/on as part of their inspection? And, if it then worked, would the malfunction be disallowed?

Stan
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

IPshooter wrote:
David Levene wrote:
David,

Sounds like a good solution to me. But, does the RO turn it off/on as part of their inspection? And, if it then worked, would the malfunction be disallowed?

Stan
No Stan, the RO just takes the pistol from the shooter, points it at the bullet stop and pulls the trigger once. He does not turn the electronics off/on.
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

David Levene wrote: No Stan, the RO just takes the pistol from the shooter, points it at the bullet stop and pulls the trigger once. He does not turn the electronics off/on.
Thanks, David.

Stan
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

I was actually shooting beside Keith during the pre-event training. His Pardini trigger failed at that time and he immediately replaced the batteries. Unfortunately this didn't seem to be the cure. Trigger adjustment may also have something to do with this kind of malfunction as another shooter commented about having had similar problems with his Schumann (.22 short) that went away following correct adjustment of the trigger.

No matter how you cut it it's a bummer to lose 30 points to a non-allowable malfunction. I had two allowables in the first half (one in sighters), and changed to a hotter ammo to ensure the gun would cycle without question for the second half. No problems in the 2nd half. Having only one malfunction allowable per half really puts the emphasis on having reliable equipment.

Just as an aside, the winner from Argentina was shooting a Pardini (mechanical trigger I believe) while 2nd & 3rd place shooters from Brasil were shooting Walther GSP's.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Mark Briggs wrote:I was actually shooting beside Keith during the pre-event training. His Pardini trigger failed at that time and he immediately replaced the batteries.
When I non-allowabled PaulT, he had put in new (quality) batteries just a couple of hundred shots before. That series of electronic module, which he has now had replaced by a later one with the number 760 clearly printed on the rear of the module, knocked out batteries at a crazy rate.