USASNC compressed schedule

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Does the 2006 Nationals schedule make it more likely you will attend?

Yes
71%
No
24%
Not sure
6%

Total votes: 17

IPshooter

USASNC compressed schedule

Post by IPshooter »

There hasn't been much reaction to the initial message about the schedule change. So, what does everyone think?

Here's a link to the schedule: http://www.usashooting.com/competitions ... hedule.pdf
PETE S

Post by PETE S »

Whilst I anwsered the poll as YES, what is more likely is that I might enter more events. Rather than just entering FP and AP, I will shot STD, CF and might just try rapid. At some point, entry fees will be an issue and a limitation.
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

Pete,

Your point about entering multiple events is well taken. Not only does the compressed schedule make it easier to enter just a couple of events, it certainly makes it easier for competitors to enter even more events. Previously, shooting only FP and AP took the better part a week. Now, for a small increase in time, you can shoot all five events.

Also, the entry fee issue is real. It would be great if they would offer a discount for entering multiple matches.

Stan
Bruce Martindale

Post by Bruce Martindale »

Travel & living is most of the cost and that doesnt change with the number of events fired.

Lets get the attendance numbers up and maybe the fee reductions will follow.

It IS expensive to run the Nationals and it may even be at a financial loss to USAS so dont let the fee issue get you. I am excited to shoot more events especially on a real range. There will be better competition and more fun.
TOPHER

Post by TOPHER »

It goes to show it is impossable to make everyone happy.

People complain and want conpressed schedules and can they be happy. NO! they want more more more.

Be happy we have a sport and we can own guns and have places to shoot and a place to go and get together and shoot.