morini162EI air leak

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
wattte

morini162EI air leak

Post by wattte »

I have a right hand Morini162EI not old about 10month haven’t used a lot. I did the tissue test by putting a piece of tissue over the gun from the rear sight to where you connect the air cylinder. When I fire a pellet the tissue jump very little for a brief second on the right hand side of the gun near where loading lever is.

Is this something I need to be concern about, I read some posting about air leak is this an air leak, my gun is almost brand new??
David M

Air leak

Post by David M »

There are two places you can get an air leak as you fire a shot.
One is the O ring on the loading lever. This is a working seal and it seats everytime you load a pellet. With time it wears enough to need replacing, a good test is to hold a lit match or small candle near the breech as you fire a shot. If the leak is enough to blow out the flame then replace it, otherwise forget it for a while.
The other place is the two barrel to frame o rings fitted on breech end of the barrel. If one of them leaks or splits, a large leak can occur either forwards or rearwards from the frame to barrel joint. Remove the barrel and replace the seals.
Bttb

Post by Bttb »

Hello!
I have another problem with airleak on a Morini. The air in the cylinder leaks out when stored. If i replace it with a full one i get about 40 shots out of it. I dont no what velocity the pellets are traveling.

What can it be, and how to correct it??
David M

Post by David M »

Bttb wrote:Hello!
I have another problem with airleak on a Morini. The air in the cylinder leaks out when stored. If i replace it with a full one i get about 40 shots out of it. I dont no what velocity the pellets are traveling.

What can it be, and how to correct it??
Is this a fixed tank or removable model ?
If a later removable model then,
Does the tank leak when store off the pistol ?
How long does it take to leak down ?
What size tank is it ? Full size or short ?
What pressure do you fill it to and how do you fill It ?
Answer these and we might be able to help, and if possible try to access a chronograph for pellet velocity.
TomF

Post by TomF »

One way to catch leaks in the cylinder is to put a balloon over the cylinder at both ends and see if they inflate over time. If they dont, the problem is in your pistol. If they blow up the balloons, the seals in the cylinder need replacing.

Condoms work too if you dont have any balloons. LOL!
Bttb

Post by Bttb »

Is this a fixed tank or removable model ?
It´s removable tank.

Does the tank leak when store off the pistol ?
No it doesn´t leak when stored off the gun.

How long does it take to leak down ?
I dont know, maybe an hour or two. I can´t hear any sound of leaking air.

What size tank is it ? Full size or short ?
Full size.

What pressure do you fill it to and how do you fill It ?
I fill up to ´the red mark, 200 bar. I use a hand pump to fill with.

I hope this might help me to get a good answer.
bluechucky

Post by bluechucky »

TomF wrote:One way to catch leaks in the cylinder is to put a balloon over the cylinder at both ends and see if they inflate over time. If they dont, the problem is in your pistol. If they blow up the balloons, the seals in the cylinder need replacing.

Condoms work too if you dont have any balloons. LOL!
or you could put it in water and see if any bubbles come up.
David M

Leak

Post by David M »

Based on your answers the leak is in the metering section of the pistol or the poppet valve. Either way it is a strip down, clean, re-seal and lubricate job for someone who knows what they are doing.
Time for some maintance and TLC.