Pardini Electronic

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Paul T (UK)

Pardini Electronic

Post by Paul T (UK) »

Pardini has released a revised electronic module for the .22 and .32. The new modules have the number 760 clearly printed on the rear of the module. Replacement fortunately fixed the issues I had with my own and the next couple of days with a lot of clicking will tell if the battery life is also sorted.
If anybody knows of any issues with this module, please let me know as I drive past the Swiss main dealer in early Jan 06.
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Hi Paul

I opted for the mechanical trigger on my HP so I cant help you.

But I was wondering who the Swiss dealer is. I'll be in Geneva next week on some family business and could use the diversion.

F. Paul in Denver
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

F. Paul in Denver wrote:But I was wondering who the Swiss dealer is.
To save Paul T the hassle (he is on a GPRS connection at the moment), contact details from the Pardini web site:-

KÜCHLER SCHIESSTREFF GmbH
Mr. TONI KÜCHLER
SCHWARZENGERG STR.1
6056 KAGISWIL
SCHWEIZ
Tel. 0041 41 662 10 10
Fax 0041 41 662 10 11
tkuechler@bluewin.ch
info@schiesstreff.ch

Paul T, does this mean I (hopefully)won't be able to call another non-allowable for you?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

That's SCHWARZENBERGSTRASSE, in case you're using a GPS navi system.
Axel

Re: Pardini Electronic

Post by Axel »

Paul T (UK) wrote:Pardini has released a revised electronic module for the .22 and .32. The new modules have the number 760 clearly printed on the rear of the module. Replacement fortunately fixed the issues I had with my own and the next couple of days with a lot of clicking will tell if the battery life is also sorted.
If anybody knows of any issues with this module, please let me know as I drive past the Swiss main dealer in early Jan 06.
Keep us updated Paul! :-)
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I swapped a couple emails with Larry at Larry's Guns, who is the new US importer for Pardini. He is going to Italy this month to get trained on troubleshooting & repairing Pardinis.

I told him about the problems that people have reported here, and asked him to talk to the factory and find out exactly what the issue was with the original design and what they've done to fix it.

Larrys first shipment is supposed to include a number of the electronic trigger pistols, and he said that they were all supposed to have the new trigger design in them.

Hopefully we can get a little more accurate info when he gets back.

I don't mind a less than stellar battery life, but the idea that the battery could run low during a rapid fire string and then recharge while you wait for a range officer to check your alibi is really disturbing. They need to have some sort of lockout so that if a low battery condidtion is detected during a shot, the pistol won't fire until it's been reset somehow (by cycling the power switch for example).

Gwhite
Paul T (UK)

Pardini Electronic and Notes on S&K OSP 25

Post by Paul T (UK) »

Thanks for the details David.

After two days, 300 rounds and several thousand clicks in-between live series, I think that this is now solved.

Fingers crossed that this is the end of problems.

I keep a set of AAA batteries with me and have makes on the grips of the correct way they are to be inserted so in competition, swap-out is easy. Like my Morini Free Pistol, I will keep a match set of batteries marking in their box the number of matches. As I use a lot of consumer items that use AAA, it is not a problem putting new AAA into the Pardini on the shooting trips and then relegating them to the consumer electronic kit. The Morini 15 volt battery is a little less common.

Of interest, Toni has a pantograph facility and the grips are copy carved. I now use a less dropped wrist so the angle is the same as my Morini 162EI. This is of course personal preference but I was not aware the grip angle using inserts could be done, unlike many other guns, the grips and if fitted, the electronics can accommodate this.

Of interest, I tested the S+K OSP 25 this is .22 long rifle and works a treat for ISSF standard pistol in the Pardini. This is apparently the same as the Lapua 250 and uses the same outer 5000 wrappers but has own branding for the packs of 500 and 50. It is well lubricated and feeds exceptionally well, in fact in the heat, the lubrication became fluid –Switzerland has been pleasantly hot and sunny for the past 4 days – in October.
Rapid

chrono

Post by Rapid »

Hi Paul,
Did you have a chance to do chrono-measurements on the lapua/SK 250 cartriges in the Pardini?
Bob
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

Sorry I did not chronograph the bullets. I am reliably told they are fine but would be interested to know outcome from forum members with greater access to their pistols?

I was training 20 and 10 second series. Out of 250 rounds, six escaped into the eight ring and one into the 6, all errors were definitely me! I was delighted with the Pardini / ammunition combination. The feel was positive and consistent. A total 500 rounds were shot without a malfunction. This is a small sample size I know but I do not get many opportunities to train. I click fired the pistol for several thousand cycles in a lunch break and the battery was still operating without incident.

Many thanks to TONI KÜCHLER for swapping out the unit for me. Toni also made a copy carve of one of my other grips and improved it before making the final copy to the wooden grip for the .22 electronic that also fits my manual .32.