Glove Help

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

LoneWolf

Glove Help

Post by LoneWolf »

I was wondering if anyone knew of a type of glove that is legel and comfortable. Preferably fingerless.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

You are probably going to need to be a bit more specific.

Rifle or pistol. If rifle then trigger or non-trigger hand. Are you interested in the ISSF rules or some others.
anschutzshooter

Post by anschutzshooter »

I'm not sure if this is the information you're looking for or not...but I use a glove from Monard. It's not *completely* fingerless...but the fingers on the glove go to right about the first joint on the fingers. It's quite comfy and I love it. Never had a problem with it not passing equipment check anywhere. I shoot rifle by the way. If that's the info. you're looking for I hope I helped...if not...I apologize.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Sry i need information on a glove for 10m / 40 shot air rifle
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

LoneWolf wrote:Sry i need information on a glove for 10m / 40 shot air rifle
Anything made by Anschutz, Gehmann, Kustermann, Monard, etc will work. Additionally, if you live in the US Champion's Choice and Champion Shooters Supply have ISSF legal gloves in their house brands.

Post by Guest »

As said above, no one brand is really any better; all have their fans and their critics. I personally like Thune solids, others find these too stiff. The best glove is the one that works for you.

What is important is that the glove fit properly around the palm, and not constrict the fingertips; fingerless gloves are a godsend for those with long thin hands. No more pinched fingers or palms swimming in too big sizes!

Tim S

Exeter UK
batty

Post by batty »

Just a tip but go to shooting meetings/competitions and ask other shooters if you can try there glove on - or go to a shooting shop and try them on

Only you will know which on is best for you

and don't forget to ask shooters for their opinion on the glove!!!
jhmartin

Monard are good sporter gloves

Post by jhmartin »

My 4-H kids prefer the Monard "fingerless" gloves. It allows them to grip the rifle better while reloading in the standing position. We have some "mitt" type gloves and they are fine with the precision gun loading gates, but the sporters need a bit of dexterity to load ... especially the Daisy's. No ergonomic engineer was involved in that design!