how do you set up your Pardini SP counterweights?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
victor6

how do you set up your Pardini SP counterweights?

Post by victor6 »

I was just wondering how folks set up their Pardini SP counterweights? Do you use none/2/ 4 of them? Do you put the spring in front or behind the weight?

Are the standard counterweights made of tungsten? Or are the tungsten counterweights a special order item from Pardini?

I'm just trying to set this thing up ...

Thanks!

Victor
Axel

Re: how do you set up your Pardini SP counterweights?

Post by Axel »

victor6 wrote:I was just wondering how folks set up their Pardini SP counterweights? Do you use none/2/ 4 of them? Do you put the spring in front or behind the weight?

Are the standard counterweights made of tungsten? Or are the tungsten counterweights a special order item from Pardini?

Thanks!

Victor
Hi Victor,

I have a Pardini SP new and it contains 6 steel weights in the barrel (about 110grams). Springs must be in front, othervise no recoil dampening effect. The rapid fire model contains 4 weights and are made of tungsten (wolfram). The tungsten weights can be ordered separately.

At first I thought my pardini was a bit front heavy, but now I think it's just perfect - I'm using all six weights.

regards,
Axel
victor6

Re: how do you set up your Pardini SP counterweights?

Post by victor6 »

Axel wrote:
victor6 wrote:I was just wondering how folks set up their Pardini SP counterweights? Do you use none/2/ 4 of them? Do you put the spring in front or behind the weight?

Thanks!

Victor
Hi Victor,

I have a Pardini SP new and it contains 6 steel weights in the barrel (about 110grams). Springs must be in front, othervise no recoil dampening effect. The rapid fire model contains 4 weights and are made of tungsten (wolfram). The tungsten weights can be ordered separately.

At first I thought my pardini was a bit front heavy, but now I think it's just perfect - I'm using all six weights.

regards,
Axel
Axel,

Thank your for the information! When I purchased my SP used the counterweights were in front of (i.e. more towards the muzzle) of the springs ... which made no sense. Thanks for confirming this.

Regards,

Victor