Stabilty in standing position

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Rick

Stabilty in standing position

Post by Rick »

hello,
want to know which joint in the body is most responsible for the stabilty in standig position. in rifle

is it the left knee, the ankle joint, back or left hand.
i am thinking the knee is what startis the movements....
can someone comment an dhelp, i will be really grateful
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

My instinct is that there is no single reason for instability. The body and gun work as a unit to create a stable platform. If any one element is off, then the whole system will be less stable.

"Ways of the Rifle" and other sources spend many pages on developing the position. If it were one thing, then only a page would be needed (or maybe just a paragraph).

Best,

Joe
riflenerd

Post by riflenerd »

i don't think there's one specific joint responsible for instability in standing. i mean, it's standing; yes, it is going to be unstable. unless you have a big butt and wide hips to anchor you down...

but if you want to get all technical about it, "ways of the rifle" is a good book for that

Post by Guest »

a few things matter. the balance of your support arm is big, the tension in your sholders is big. and your balance is big.

If i had to say that one particular thing is most important, i'd say it was balance...so, the most impotant joint would be your ankles.

And if you're getting much motion from your knees, you're probably not standing correctly.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I think it's fair to say the weight should be evenly distributed to provide the stability and not overly stress any joint (side).

Rob.