Feinwerkbau P-2

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Don90250

Feinwerkbau P-2

Post by Don90250 »

I saw a FWB P-2 with two CO2 cylinders in a local gun shop. What are P-2's going for these days on the used market? I'm ready to move up from an IZH-46M. Should I consider the P-2 or should I bite the pellet and go for a new Steyr or Morini?
vaguero

vintage FWBs

Post by vaguero »

I have never heard of any FWB P2, but I think you are refering to the FWB CO2-2. They used to come with two cylinders (53 grams fill weight from empty).
The FWB CO2-2 is sturdy, like most FWBs, almost everlasting. The seals of the cylinders have to be exchanged very 5 yeras or so, depending on use (or misuse), but that is no big deal.

Cost? One in near good cond.? Let us say about $ 120 - $ 150?

You cannot win a Nascar race with a veteran car. And usually no major AP match with a FWB CO2-2. If you can, than you would shoot even beters scores with a Steyr or Morini.

The CO2s is to be considered obsolete, I think, for top notch match shooting.
They did serve us ok for two decades, I must admit. But the newer precharged-APs you mentioned is a better choise.

And the grips of (older) FWB pistols were neither functional nor comfortable.
magyar

CO2

Post by magyar »

I would have to object to these comments.

The current world record of 594 is held with a FWB CO2 model 2.
Second to this, one of the best air/free shooters currently uses a LP1 CO2; his name is Boris Kokorev.

Another comment is that who doesn't alter a factory grip. No grip is perfect and all of them need to be altered to suit.

If the price is right then buy it. This model of FWB pistol has a great trigger and CO2 is no disadvantage once you are set up.
Vaguero

higher scores comes easier with better equipment...

Post by Vaguero »

The FWB CO2-2 was a good gun of its time. And I did not know that famous 594 score was achieved with that model!

In fact, when I set my personal best score in competition, 579, back in 1982, I used my FWB CO2-2. I still have this gun, - it is now retired from match shooting and used for the plinking of tincans and plastic bottles. I have for this purpose increased the muzzle velocity quite a bit.

I have been able to dublicate my old p.r. with more modern guns. I guess if I have had my Steyr or Morini back then my score would have been higher. The tens do come easier with the newer, better guns, in my opinion.

About that 594 score with the old FWB,- what could this fenomenal shooter have achieved with the best match APs of today? 596? Nobody knows.

But you are right, Magyear, the FWB CO2-2 could be a good buy (for plinking or informal shooting) if the price is right.
But I do not agree in your statement that the trigger of the FWB CO2-2 is good. There was always some creep. And if the creep was eliminated by adjustment, pull weight got variable....
fsmte

Post by fsmte »

593 was the counting still is the world-wide record. In Munich went off the Russian Pyzhianov in 1989 in the WCfinal. It also established the record of end with 593+102,1=695,1. After 1991 Pyzhianov it started to use Steyr LP-1. Counting of 590 never gained some WCups but. Much little people had arrived the counting of 590 in the pistol of air, therefore she is really difficult.
It is counted on the fingers of the hand: the chinos Y.Wang and L.Tan, both with Steyr LP-1; before Wang used Morini, but never it had resulted of 590; two times in olímpicos games of Sydney and Athenas! Tan counting 591 in 2005 Munich;2003, 590; again 590 in Busan (asian games 2002) W Cup Atlanta 2002.

T. Zang another chino with Steyr LP-10 with counting 590 in 2005 in Milan.

Russian Nestruev with Steyr LP-10, 591 in Athenas OG and 592 in Bangkok 2004 (today Benelli uses). In gold time perhaps Di Donna with counting of 592!

Some another one?

The weapon helps very, adjustment of grip, etc, but shooting he is who makes the points.

FWB mod.2 is good, but it is part of the past. If it will be to buy, choice new models, air, therefore it will have all the easinesses of repairs, has resold, ...
El Segundo

one more?

Post by El Segundo »

I think there is one more with a score of over 590 in a major international tournament.
An israeli shooter with a name indicating he had moved from Sovjet to Israel. His name started with the letter B, I recon, but I do not remember his full name. Perhaps any of you can?
kiwi47

Post by kiwi47 »

With the greatest repect, I would point out that ANY pistol is really only as good as the person shooting it. In the hands of an expert shot, the FWB Mod 2 would still produce world class scores. On the other hand, give me a Morini 162EI with all the bells and whistles, and I'll still only manage a 540! Its so very easy to get hooked on the idea that I'll only shoot well if I have the latest and most elaborate pistol. This is how Feinwerkbau/Morini/Steyr/Anschutz/Pardini and all the rest, stay rich!! If I were in your shoes, I'd buy that Mod 2 then work hard to realise its true potential.

George Merriman
Don90250

Post by Don90250 »

Unfortunately, the gun store is asking $500 for it and I'd need to replace the grip. I think I'll pass on this one. Thanks all for the advice.