National records rapid fire pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Pär Hylander

National records rapid fire pistol

Post by Pär Hylander »

What is the National records in RFP in your different contries at the moment?

Swedish is 586/781,x and WorldRecord is 588/7xx,x as far as I know.
Petri Federley

Finland

Post by Petri Federley »

Hi Pär! Good to hear from you!

How are you doing? Shooting? Driving the red devil.. ;--)
In Finland we are sitting at 577 at the moment, I´ve shot 576. I think I have the final record at the moment yet I don´t remember the score exactly, 765,x or something..

Petri
Petri Federley

National records part II

Post by Petri Federley »

Oh and I am not sure but I think I heard that German record is 594(tough) and Swiss record is at 590..

Petri
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but is any country resetting their record status now that new pistol rules have come into effect? My personal opinion is that the sport has fundamentally changed because of the change to a standard pistol, thus the old records should be "retired". Any thoughts?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I think you are right Mark. In the same way that records start with a clean sheet when new targets are introduced, IMHO they should also start afresh with such a major equipment change.

This has certainly happened with the World Records. It is also interesting that the ISSF are showing the Olympic Record as being set in Beijing in 3 years time (but without a score, they're not that psychic).
Pär Hylander

Re: National records part II

Post by Pär Hylander »

Petri Federley wrote:Oh and I am not sure but I think I heard that German record is 594(tough) and Swiss record is at 590..

Petri
Ohh, thats really tough, but in the same time what to expect!

(Petri, please log in to read PM)
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

David Levene wrote:I think you are right Mark. In the same way that records start with a clean sheet when new targets are introduced, IMHO they should also start afresh with such a major equipment change.
USA Shooting did wipe their RF records clean just before the 2005 Nationals in June. Their Web page hasn't been updated yet, but I assume new RF NR's were established at the Nationals.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Thanks to all for your replies to my question. It's nice to know that in many nations we get a chance to shoot for a new record using the .22 LR pistols!
magyar

new records

Post by magyar »

Hello Mark,

I get the feeling that you think that some countries are not changing their records with the use of the 22lr.
Those records other posters have talked about are actually with the new guns and rules.
Marco Spangenberg in Germany shot 594 last month.
You may have thought that with scores in the high 580's and low 590's were with the old guns and rules but unforetunately they are actually the new scores.
It looks like the rule change has not altered scores by more than 5 points when you look at the elite.