Need Grip Suggestions for Morini 162E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Khodabear

Need Grip Suggestions for Morini 162E

Post by Khodabear »

I just acquired a fine Morini 162E. Only problem is the grip..which I believe is the original..is way too small for my hand. Even removing the heel piece doesn't give me an acceptable grip.

Other than make a grip from scratch what are my options. Right Handed btw..

Thanks for any and all thoughts on this

Peter
ShinFLA

Post by ShinFLA »

what size is your grip? Did you use the same size for your other competition guns?

Post by Guest »

Has the though crossed your mind that you could buy a new grip that fitted?
Khodabear

Post by Khodabear »

The thought that I could buy a new grip has crossed my mind. That's why I came here to ask for recommendations. It was late last night that I posted and I didn't phrase my words properly.

I've never shopped for grips for pistols such as this or the Walther FP I recently acquired. The grip on the Walther is too small as well but not as bad.

My other Pistols are a Ruger MKII and Kimber 1911, both used for BE. The Ruger has Volquartsen grips which I bought on-line without actually trying. They are a bit small for me..the "heel Plate" shortens the vertical length of the grip and forces me to cramp my fingers up. The 1911 has stock grips that work well for me.

I have one other air pistol...a Daisy 747..and ,interestingly, the cheesy plastic grips on that fit just fine.

Peter
R.M.

Shooting Air & Free in Denver Area

Post by R.M. »

Peter
If you're interested, the Arvada Rifle and Pistol Club has a small league that shoots Monday nights. We're not very formal about it. If you'd like to join us, let me know.

R.M.
Fortitudo Dei

Re: Need Grip Suggestions for Morini 162E

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Khodabear wrote:The thought that I could buy a new grip has crossed my mind. That's why I came here to ask for recommendations.
Just a word of caution if you are looking at buying a new grip. If you truly have a Morini 163e (15v battery and fixed cylinder) rather than a 162ei or 162ea (AAA batteries, removable cylinder), note that while an ei / ea grip looks the same on the outside, the internal cut-out is different due to the different battery shape and circuit board lay-out. I'm not sure if 162e grips would still be made by a 3rd-party grip manufacturer, though Morini themselves might still have them available. The alternative is to get a 162ei grip and engage in a little internal plastic surgery with a dremel. However it should be noted that a good electrical contact between the circuit board and the pistol is critical and there is very little room for slack or tolerance in the way the two meet and make contact with each other.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Try contactingthe host of this board. They have always been very supportive of me and other Morini users with grips etc. and they know all about the differences in fire control systems, compatibility, etc.

Steve Swartz
VAshooter

Post by VAshooter »

I have a an older CM162EI with the 15V battery and removable cylinder and a new one with the AAA batteries. The electronics are interchangable in the grip except for the cutout for the switch. The old cutout was larger than the slot on the new grips. It is relatively easy to modify the new grip to fit the older electronics but I don't know if that is true for the early ones with the fixed cylinder.
I would call Scott Pilkington or Warren. They should have the information and grips you need.

Doug in Virginia