Morini Grip vs. Rink Grip

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Haleva

Morini Grip vs. Rink Grip

Post by Haleva »

I'm planning to replace my original TOZ 35 grip with a more comfortable grip. I tried Morini and it looks very nice, lately I heard about Rink as an option and since I never tested one for real I wonder if someone who had the change to experience both has some tips for me. I'm aware that picking up a grip is not a science and what is good for one not always good for another , but still I would like to hear from the experience of others .

Thanks,
Avi
tozshooter

Post by tozshooter »

Check them out:

http://www.formgriffe.de/english/index.htm

Fantastic grips for the money.

Cheers
Chris
tozshooter

Post by tozshooter »

Oops - and....

If you have Steyr or other pistols, then the Rinks wil fit right in.

However....

My TOZ now feels like a west european gun. It used to feel... well, like a TOZ. i.e. not very adjustable, took awhile to get if tuned and shaped just so.

The Rink zipped right in there, a couple of twists of the hex wrench and voila - instant fit.

Sort of. The wood needed relieving (sanding back) near the trigger cocking lever because the lever wouldn't go down fully, and also on the trigger finger side (due to my shorter trigger finger rubbing against wood), so I wouldn't exactly say that there was zero fitment required.

But I got it going well within a few days of purchase. The original grip took quite a bit longer to get a great fit from.

But of course now I do have my TOZ grip fitting exactly right.

And so, quite frankly, I'm undecided as to which feels better.

Gong to have to do a shootout, I"m afraid... :-)

Cheers
Chris
Ned

Post by Ned »

Just in case you already didn't do it, check the excellent description of Rink grips by Mark Briggs in the following thread :

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... light=rink

- Ned
tozshooter

Post by tozshooter »

Did my shootout.

Over a 90 shot practice run with the original grips, my hand started swelling ever so slightly. Not uncomfortable, but noticeable. Of course, there's no give in the original grips.

Repeated the exercise the next day with the Rink on.

Hand swell around the same, maybe a little more.
But of course, the Rink was easily adjusted to compensate. Maybe a millimeter, not much more. Much more comfortable, --> tighter groups, probably because my mind was on my sights and not on my hand.

But we knew that already, right?

Plus, I ordered my Rinks with the cant, that, in my mind, untwists my wrist every so slightly (I think it's 7 degrees). Much more natural, to my way of thinking.

So...
I'll keep my original factory grip (spent way too much time working on it) but not on the TOZ, in the case.

I'll be shooting the Rink.
Worth every penny.

Oh, and the Centra alu arm - fantastic.

Cheers
Chris
elcambur

I love rink gripps

Post by elcambur »

First I put a rink grip on my hammerli 150 because the original grip was broken. I needed a replacement fast and it was the only one available for sale at the moment. Once I changed it I noticed it was what I was lacking of for a long time. 2 weeks after I changed it I improved 30 points in my score, my hand was a lot more comfortable and it fitted like a glove I didn’t have to make any modifications to it. (I broke the original grip doing so)
After I realized that I changed the grip of my other two pistols for rink grips, one of the grips I replaced was a Morini grip. I have had three rink grips and every one of them have felt like it has been done specially for me. If I buy another pistol I will replace the grip for rink grip for sure. Also, one of the grips I bought didn’t fit to my air gun model, I sent the grip back to Thomas and he replaced it no question asked. The guy’s service is an A++ too
Fortitudo Dei

Re: I love rink grips

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Rink is fine if you have a national distributor where you live, but the thing that put me off them when I was in the market for a new grip for my AW93 was their punishing postage rates. 50 Euro (= US$64 !!!) to airmail a grip weighing only a couple of hundred grams outside of Europe.
I found this price to be so ridiculous that I went for a Nill grip instead.
Keld Bojsen

change of Morini FPgrip

Post by Keld Bojsen »

especially for Mark Briggs, as I´ve just read your post about Rink grips. I´m in the same situation as you, regarding change of thickness of my hand during competition and the time of day. You mention that you´ve changed your Morinigrip, so it can be adjusted to your hand thickness. Could you describe how you fixed it, as I´m aware that it may include heavily machining, which also increases the risk for failure.

thanks

Keld Bojsen.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Keld,

The modification to my Morini grip was actually quite simple and hasn't compromised strength at all. I removed the original palmshelf and replaced it with one which I've made myself. Since it's made from maple wood it has more strength the the original walnut, but is slightly heavier. This palmshelf looks very much like a Rink palmshelf, with three threaded fasteners imbedded in the palmshelf itself, which mate with three adjusting screws which are attached to the lower wrap-around. It took a little bit of experimentation to get the dimensions correct, and it certainly helped to have a Rink grip to refer to for guidance.

I also fastened a wooden plate to the bottom of the main portion of the Morini grip (it's cut out around the metal plate which covers the electronics). This plate extends out sideways beneath the palmshelf. It also has threaded fasteners in it with screws that project upward and allow me to achieve very fine control of the palmshelf height and tilt angle.

Hope this helps give some idea. Perhaps some day I'll figure out how to post pictures and will be able to show what it looks like.