Recommended ammo for Pardini SP

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Pardinishooter

Recommended ammo for Pardini SP

Post by Pardinishooter »

What's the best ammo for the Pardini SP (not the very newest model).
I don't want alibies during timed and rapid fire. What would cycle the best.
Federal Gold Medal was performing perfectly then I bought a brick and had many duds. So I no longer have faith in it.
Aguila sub sonic is good for slow fire but it has trouble at times cycling due to it's low power. I won't trust it during timed and rapid.
Wolf match target I'm getting jams during timed and rapid on occasion.
Thanks
John
cqbarms

Re: Recommended ammo for Pardini SP

Post by cqbarms »

Jeeees...Every bit of ammo you mentioned is the ammo I was going to say works very well in mine.
Hove you also tried RWS Target? I have also used Aguila Match Pistol?

Pardinishooter wrote:What's the best ammo for the Pardini SP (not the very newest model).
Federal Gold Medal was performing perfectly then I bought a brick and had many duds. So I no longer have faith in it.
Aguila sub sonic is good for slow fire but it has trouble at times cycling due to it's low power. I won't trust it during timed and rapid.
Wolf match target I'm getting jams during timed and rapid on occasion.
Thanks
John
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

We joke a lot here about Federal ammo being great for "ball and dummy" training. You can tell if you are jerking the trigger when it goes "click" when u expect a "bang"

there are some practice and pistol grades of Eley

good shooting

Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/
Claus

Re: Recommended ammo for Pardini SP

Post by Claus »

Pardinishooter wrote:What's the best ammo for the Pardini SP (not the very newest model).
In another thread Tom wrote:

"I use Aguila SE for the 50', Eley, SK or RWS for the longer stuff. "

I'm european, so I'm not familiar with american prices, but for target shooting at 15 and 25 metres most Eley, SK and RWS pistol ammo will be perfect. That's what the pistol was designet to shoot anyway. (I use Eley target pistol, RWS pistol and SK standard and pistol match. SK pistol match is slightly hotter than the others, as it was designed to make the Walther GSP cycle reliably, but it's nowhere hear as hot at say Remington Thunderbolt).

For really longrange stuff I have good experience with RWS High Velocity, and that's what I currently use for field target.

You might wanna check your recoil spring too, as the pistol is not new anymore. Changing the recoil spring is cost effective (set of 2 springs sell for 7$ in my country), and by comparing the old and new springs, you can see exactly how worn down you old spring was. The recoil spring affect reliable cycling quite a lot!

Fast Fumble, Denmark
Scott H.

sp ammo

Post by Scott H. »

I've had excellent results with Eley Standard Pistol (light blue box) and Eley Target Pistol / Rifle (Yellow box). I've found no difference in function or accuracy between the Eley Target Pistol and Target Rifle, and both come with a yellow label.

I've also had excellent results with SK Subsonic, but it is a 38-gr. HP, so check the rules for your event before you use it in a match. As I read the rules, it's ok for NRA bullseye.
cqbarms

Re: sp ammo

Post by cqbarms »

I think the key to the eley is that all the ammo has the same load, same BC, same everything save the quality control.
Scott H. wrote:I've had excellent results with Eley Standard Pistol (light blue box) and Eley Target Pistol / Rifle (Yellow box). I've found no difference in function or accuracy between the Eley Target Pistol and Target Rifle, and both come with a yellow label.

I've also had excellent results with SK Subsonic, but it is a 38-gr. HP, so check the rules for your event before you use it in a match. As I read the rules, it's ok for NRA bullseye.
David Levene

Re: sp ammo

Post by David Levene »

Scott H. wrote:I've also had excellent results with SK Subsonic, but it is a 38-gr. HP, so check the rules for your event before you use it in a match. As I read the rules, it's ok for NRA bullseye.
By mentioning it you obviously realise that the minimum bullet weight for the ISSF Rapid Fire Pistol match is 39gr.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

I had a lot of ammo problems (failue to fire) with my Pardini SPE (older SP) until I
changed to Eley ammo
changed recoil and mag springs
had Don Nygord open up a a tight chamber

Eley Practice (White label) is inexpensive and good to 25m.
Tom

Ammo for the Sp

Post by Tom »

Hi,

I posted this about a year ago. I edited it for better reading this time around along with a couple updates. One rule of thumb I have is that the recoil and firing pin return springs be changed every 5K rounds. Which for me is every year.

My 2 cents,

Tom

===============================================
Hi,

I have been shooting SPE's and SP's since the 80's. This is what I have found with the ammo that I have tried. They are one of the least ammo sensative pistols I have ever used. At 50' to 25M, they all group well enough to clean targets if you do your part. I currently use Aguila SE Subsonic for practice and 50' NRA, I switch to Eley or RWS for the more important or longer yardage matches.

Eley: Works well, (except the new Tenex/EPS style bullet. The first round hangs up and slows feeding) Eley shoots good to great depending on how much you spend.

RWS: Works well, shoots good to great. Again, depending on grade.

SK: Works well however the subsonic, while I have found they go bang all the time and shoot well they don't fully cycle 100%. Shoots well to great. Again, spend more, get more. Weard feeling lube.

Wolf: Same as SK as it's the same plant that makes it.

PMC Pistol Match: It works, Shoots OK. On par with the low end Europian stuff. The lot I tried did not go bang 100% of the time.

CCI
Standard: Doesn't work in either the SPE or SP's that I have. Anyone else's I have seen either. It's too long to feed in the mags.
Green Tag: Works, lots of recoil, big flash. shoots well, compare to low to mid-range Eley. Keep your mags clean.
Pistol match: Functions, shoots less well than Green tag. I was disappointed. Less flash but heavy recoil.

Remington
Target: Cheap and loud. Punishing recoil and flash. Does not go bang all the time. Clean, very little residue.
Made by Eley type: See Eley comments.

Federal 711B Cheap, soft recoil, Neither the flat or "Dimple bottom" were reliable as a match round. I turned in the remaining bricks for credit at the gun store. (yes, they were that bad)

Aguila
SE Std Vel: Cheap, shoots well, reliable if kept dry in storage and warm in cold shooting conditions. Average recoil, bit of flash. A bit greasy, it leaves some residue in the mags.
SE Subsonic: Same as above except with much less recoil and flash. May not cycle in all guns.
GE and Match: Same as above but tighter groups at longer yardage.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I have used 5 cases of Wolf Match Target in my Pardini SP. Only 2 FTF'f and no cycling problems. Superbly accurate.
Tony
Greg

Post by Greg »

Have used SK Standard and Match or 2 years and find it the best for an older Pardini.