sport pistols

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
moreno

sport pistols

Post by moreno »

Hi: I'm new in pistol shooting and i want to buy one sport pistol . I need suggestions, who is the best? Pardini SP , Walther GSP , Morini CM22.I want one trouble free.

Thank's,
Teddy Moreno
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Teddy - when you ask a question as vague as yours you will receive a broad range of vague responses. Do yourself (and other TargetTalkers) a favor and read through the plethora of posts on this same subject. Once you've read through them then you'll have a better idea of which specific questions to ask to refine your search for a sport pistol.
TomF

Post by TomF »

They are all the best and none are trouble free.

Find someone that owns one and shoot as many as you can and buy the one you like or can afford. You cant go wrong on any you have listed.
guy

Post by guy »

walther gsp
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

I would highly recomend the Pardini---however the word is that the new model SP has some sight problems which the factory is going to do some R&D. If you can get an older model Pardini SP---it should have no issues whatsoever. The GSP is no longer available as a new gun but probably worthwhile searching for a good one----and as for the Morini CM22 I would avoid it like the Bubonic plague. ( I will probably get another e-mail from Morini chastising me for my intolerant, but well founded criticism) too bad.
Mike McDaniel

Post by Mike McDaniel »

I'd also consider the FWB AW-93, Hammerli SP-20, Hammerli 280, and the old stalwart, the Hammerli 208.

But go to the Pilkguns.com site, go to the Hitchiker's Guide pages, and look into the SP information. Lots of info there.
sparky

Post by sparky »

Bob Riegl wrote:I would highly recomend the Pardini---however the word is that the new model SP has some sight problems which the factory is going to do some R&D. If you can get an older model Pardini SP---it should have no issues whatsoever. The GSP is no longer available as a new gun but probably worthwhile searching for a good one----and as for the Morini CM22 I would avoid it like the Bubonic plague. ( I will probably get another e-mail from Morini chastising me for my intolerant, but well founded criticism) too bad.
"Sight problems" is a BIG over-statement. The front sight was designed for a shooter who uses a 6 o'clock hold exclusively, so it's too short to shoot with a center hold. However, as always, extra sight blades of varying widths and heights are available (or will be shortly). If you can't wait, you can probably get any gunsmith or machinist to make you a shim for ten bucks or so. The updates to the Pardini SP FAR outweigh this minor "sight problem".
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

You should choose a pistol by trying several out.If you aren´t able to test fire them at the range then at least go through them at the shops.Differences lay in the feel of the grips and the balance of the gun among other things.I´m also a beginner,started out with a ruger mk2 until a friend at the range took pity on me and let me use his spare old walther gsp.Scores shot up of course and now I´m using a new model pardini.It was a hard choice,the dealer also had a used gsp for 500E and a used Unique 69 for 300E.I passed on the walther because I can always borrow one(the guys at the range have a few spare ones):)The unique was great,very old but not much used.Perfectly adequate for evening club competitions.I got the pardini because the recoil suppressor might come in handy if I ever want to try olympic pistol and rapid fire.Also had a "It´ll last you a lifetime" mentality.I´ve put about 2,000 rounds through it now with no problems.Been using lapua club,CCI standard,federal lightning&classic,eley match.I´ve had no problems with the sights when adjusted for center hold(I´m a six o´clock shooter). I would also comment on the Morini CM22,I´ve noticed several users here where I live and a few have gone through 20,000 rounds with no jams to speak of.On the other hand there have been more problems with the hammerli sp20.Bit of a long post,sorry:)
strazzman

Post by strazzman »

Try a unique 69, old but accurate and reliable, will eat any ammo you feed it. whatever you start with enjoy shooting ISSF.