Gemini, Anschutz, MEC, ???

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jason Harris

Gemini, Anschutz, MEC, ???

Post by Jason Harris »

Hi everyone, I would appreciate anyones comments, whatever they may be about my upcoming rifle purchase.

I had been thinking of a rifle with an alu stock. My options would appear to be ..
1) anschutz 2013 alu
2) gemini fr703 with 1913 barrelled action
3) MEC project stock with 1913 barrelled action.

I would be putting the 1913 rather than the 2013 in the other stocks otherwise it would be too expensive.

I am not sure about my options as I will only be able to see the anschutz 2013 alu before purchase.

I dont know anything about the MEC but it is in a similar price range.

I have seen some information that the gemini is better build quality (same for mec) than the anschutz alu stock.

What I have read is that both gemini and MEC have better butts than the anschutz (which the hook seems to break easily?). A good butt is important to me.

I am reasonably tall, 6'2", with long arms. This makes me nervous about stocks that I cannot try before I buy.

I didnt consider walther or feinwerkbau because I dont know about them, as well as not having a local distributor.

If you got this far then any information for or against these options would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks,
Jason

Post by Guest »

The Geminis are very good, so you shouldn't worry. The new model stock has been introduced to allow even more adjustment. I can't imagine anyone NOT fitting a Gemini.

Yes the MEC and Gemini butt-plates are better than the Anschutz (plenty of people use the Anschutz, and its not bad), however the Gemini is much much better. You can I think have the Gemini butt fitted to an MEC stock.

The 2013 alu is quite popular; I think the doubts about it come from the manufacture of the stock. The casting method is thought to result in a weaker stock than machining; some anschutz alu stocks have broken, but there are an awful lot out there that haven't.

Fit a Gemini butt to whatever you buy! They really are worth it.

Tim S

Exeter UK
bruce

Post by bruce »

I agree with tim about the gemini stock, you won't regret buying one.
I've been using a Gemini Ultra for 2 years, and the combination of the but plate and cheek piece adustment, make it great to use.
Sod-it

Post by Sod-it »

Gemini! I have had mine since 1996. Made and designed by a shooter for a shooter. Quality and first class back-up.
Regards John A.
jasonharris22

Post by jasonharris22 »

Thanks for the replies. I have since seen the anschutz alu body without a barreled action. I wasnt that impressed with the butt and it did look frail around the forestock.

It was enough for me to place my order for a new gemini fr703. Now comes the waiting/patience game :)

Thanks,
Jason
RobH

Walther

Post by RobH »

Jason,
I'm also 6'2" with rather Long arms. I shoot a Walther KK 200 Power Match. It shoots great and I have not had any problems with fitting the stock to me. It comes with the MEC buttplate assembly.

Rob
DaleE

Post by DaleE »

Does the company that makes Gemini stocks have a website? And doe anyone in the US sells them? I am interested myself being slightly disappointed with the current offerings from Anschutz.
DALE

Post by Guest »

Yes www.hps-tr.co.uk.

Tim s

Exeter UK
Sod-it

Post by Sod-it »

dropnone

System Gemini U.S.

Post by dropnone »

I can provide any information needed along with current pricing and availability of the FR-703 and any other HPS- System Gemini Products
email: jay@dropnone.com