Good news from Padini about sights!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Lonnie

Good news from Padini about sights!

Post by Lonnie »

The following is the email received from Pardini about front sight replacements that are in a choice of width and 8mm tall. I was extremely surprised I received a response within 24 hours and commend Pardini on their customer service. Frankly, I'm gleefully stunned! Please read below:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 4:39 AM
To: lmeyers@majormortgage.com
Subject: R: Need help with SP New Model- front sight too short for center hold....

Dear Mr.Meyers,

Following your request I can confirm you that we do have higher front-sight and the measure it's 8mm.

We have the following width: 2 - 2,50 - 3 - 3,50 - 4,00 - 4,25 - 4,50 - 5,00 - 5,50.

Unfortunately I coundn't answer you yesterday because we received your message at 8.58 PM., it looks like there are 6 hours difference between Texas and Italy.

Best regards

Alberto Trincia
Lonnie Meyers
Round Rock, Texas

Pardini taller front sights...

Post by Guest »

At least Pardini makes them and stocks them is comforting that I don't have to "homebrew" something or pay a custom gunsmith to create one.

My front sight is 5mm tall and is 0.168 inches wide(guessing 3mm wide?).

I haven't spoken to Larry yet about stocking the higher front sight or placing my order for one yet, but I'll let you know what he says.

Again, I'm shocked at Pardini's rapid customer service. That makes me feel damn good about my decision to get a Pardini. So much so that I'm considering their PC series of .45's to replace my custom 1911's for my bullseye habit.

A happy shooter,

Lonnie
Mike Taylor

Front sight width

Post by Mike Taylor »

Lonnie,
0.168 inches is equivalent to 4.267 millimeters; so allowing for a bit of manufacturing tolerance and a little tolerance (error) in measuring, I would suggest your sight is the 4.25 millimeter width one.