Information about Walther PP Super

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Faduka

Information about Walther PP Super

Post by Faduka »

Does anyone know something about a pistol calle "Walther PP Super" or "Walther Super", in .380 ACP caliber?
I'd like to have more information about this pistol. I think it was manufactured in Virginia.
(I know it is not an olympic pistol, but i guess this is the best place ['site'] to have this kind of information).
thank you.
sparky

Post by sparky »

I believe you're talking about the Walther PP, a version of the PPK with a slightly longer barrel that was imported into the US by a company based in Virginia (Intratec?) in the 1980's (and maybe 90's?). My dad had a PPK and it was pretty reliable, but not terribly accurate.

They're rather small, and if you have larger hands, the slide can come back and make two parallel cuts across the top of your hand, which is what made my dad sell his.
F. Paul in Denver

Walthers

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Faduka,

If you are really referring to the PP as Sparky suggested, it was imported through Interarms in Alexandria, VA.

The PP is strictly a defense gun. Like many of my law enforcement collegues, we carried the PPK/S version (shorter barrel same caliber) as backup guns. While they certainly are not very accurate out past 25 yards, the Walther is extremely reliable, well built and an excellent choice for concealed carry and close quarter defense purposes. At 25 yards and with a little practice both the PP and the PPK/S will consistently keep hits within the vital areas.

I have extra large hands and have shot at least 6000 rounds through several of these guns without incident or injury. Even 14 years after retirement, I still choose a PPK/S as my carry gun when I feel the occasion requires it.

I've never heard it referred to as the "super" though.

F. Paul
Faduka

Post by Faduka »

Thanks for your answers, but it is really called Walther PP Super.
It is not the PP or the PPk.
This Super is a mix between Walther PP and the Walther P5. It's barrel is longer than the PPK and the PP model. The slide goes along with the barrel (covering it) just the same way in PP model.
The grip has a place for the thumb, on the right side, as the P5 has.
It is also bigger than de PP model.
I saw this pistol with a friend. I will try to take pictures of it.
It seems to be a rare pistol. Maybe it was manufactured as a prototype or for just a few period of time.
Thank you anyway.
sparky

Post by sparky »

Google is a wonderful thing. Here's an interesting link on the PP Super:
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg148-e.htm

There's one listed on www.gunsamerica.com for $925.
Faduka

Post by Faduka »

Thanks Sparky. That is exactly what I was looking for.
Raymac

Post by Raymac »

The PP SUPER was produced by Walther for a brief period starting around 1975. It was primarily designed as a police pistol to replace the PP as a standard police sidearm. It was quickly superseded by the P5 which was a much more advanced defence pistol. The PP SUPER was manufactured in both 9 X 18cal. and 9mm SHORT. I dont think it was ever made in the USA. Barrel lingth 92mm., 7 shot magazine. In my opinion, it was the most beautifull defence pistol ever made by Walther.....It clearly had the classic lines of the famous PP but was a larger and more practical size. It was available with carved walnut grips as were most Walther pistols. There were large quantities of them made in cal. 9 X 18 but very few in 9mm...... I think only 1300 pistols in serial range 100001 to 101300. Not a popular collector's item but I dont know why. They were a gorgeous pistol. I have owner's manual, exploded diagrammes and parts lists for this pistol if you are interested.....I dont think I can post a photo on this forum??
Bob LeDoux

Raymac--Long time no hear

Post by Bob LeDoux »

What have you been up to since you sold your target gun business?

Post by Guest »

Hello Bob;
What have I been doing?? well, I took all the money that I got for the gun business and bought a lot of sticks and glue and built a lot of model airplanes.....have a look at these cookies !!.....
http://www.members.shaw.ca/mcdougall.imports/www/

What used to be complaints from the neighbours about shooting is now complaints from the neighbours about noisy model airplanes..... I guess I just dont live right !!

And with any kind of luck, here is a link to the picture of the PP SUPER
http://www.members.shaw.ca/mcdougall.im ... stings.htm