Swedish built compensator for a Morini AP ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Brian James

Swedish built compensator for a Morini AP ?

Post by Brian James »

I’m curious to know if anyone has any information about this compensator. The only reason, I know of it to exist is from a posting from a “guest” who wrote

“The Morini APs have quite some muzzle flip. The only AP that has nil muzzle flip is the FWB 34, and even better the new heavier P 40. Steyr LP 10 has a very minute flip.

In Uk and in Scandinavia Morini owners often install a swedish made after-market compensator. The muzzle flip seems to be reduced by as much as 50 %. I got my "swede"-compensator from a shoting friend, who boutht 3 of them. It you get in tuch with the swedish division of ISSF, they might be able to tell you the name and address of the manufacturer. These comps are very nicely made and feature an attractive dull grey finish.”

I’m curious to know how it differs from the stock Morini Compensator; if there are any photos of it floating around, or who sells it. I could contact the Swedish division of the ISSF, but thought I would ask her first.

Many thanks

Brian
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

I'm also interested in the Swedish compensator since I'm contemplating picking up a Morini.

I'm also curious if the purpose of the compensator on this particular AP is to improve accuracy, to provide improved follow thru for the shooter or both??

It seems highly unlikely accuracy would be the issue since these guns shoot very close to same hole groups all day long.

Thanks to anyone who can provide more info.
stale

swedish comp.

Post by stale »

If You look into page 3 on "high end Airpistol" a few line lower, You will find a picture of it.
I am working to get in contact with the swede who produces these.
I also did the test wit rica simulator, and the 50% is true.
The accuracy is kind of better or more stable with diffrent lots
But the Morini's has alway had a superb accuracy.
stale
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

Stale,

When you get the contact information for the company/person who produces the compensator can you please share it with us.

thanks

Brian
Max

Post by Max »

Yes, the information on the make of that compensator would be appreciated.

Max
Anders Turebrand

Post by Anders Turebrand »

I will ask the maker if it´s ok to post his contact information, should have an answer in a few hours...

/Anders
Anders Turebrand

Ok, now I´ve talked to him

Right now he´s got two or three compensators left, black anodized

If there is enough interest, he will make a new batch,
and you can order it in colours green, red, blue, yellow (gold) or natural aluminium (aluminum for you americans ;-) besides black
He figures the price will be $120...

There´s a question how to deliver them to the US, they have mostly been sold at competitions before

If your interested send me a PM and I´ll forward interest (and email)

/Anders
Pär Hylander

Post by Pär Hylander »

Anders Turebrand wrote:Ok, now I´ve talked to him
Anders,

why so secret? Isn't Ronny you spoke to? If I know him correctly, he wouldn't mind if url to his homepage and other contact info were posted here.
Anders Turebrand

Hej Pär,

No it´s not Ronny, and I don´t mean to be secret.
It´s only that he uses his wifes email.

He´s from Gävle... (now that secretative ;-)

/Anders
Bill177

The secret compensator

Post by Bill177 »

I have been watching this thread, and another similar a few months back, and really do wonder why all the secrecy.

If you have a product to sell - you get the word out by listing your URL or email address. Then you make many people happy and bring in some profit for yourself.

The alternative is the status quo - the big secret.

Want to know about airguns? Take a look at www.airguninfo.com - where you will find links to nearly everything about all facets of airguns from ISSF/NRA to pest removal. If its not there, let me know and I'll find it and put it there - unless, of course, it is a secret (tongue in cheek).
Anders Turebrand

When someone don´t want their name posted on a forum, I respect that although I may disagree.

I talked to him again tonight, mostly regarding the practical matters of how to send the compensators and how to handle payment which seems to be a more difficult matter...
I don´t have any experience in this, so suggestions are welcome.

Pictures are on their way, but it may take a week or two.

/Anders
Airpistolero

secret gadget

Post by Airpistolero »

I will vote NO. Don`t sell the "swede secret comp" overseas.
I will simply love to see those "norte americanos" turn green from envy for those comps.
The secret comp is even better than the rumour tells. It will make that Morini, (and probably any other AP with same barrel diameter for that matter), shot dead center most of the time. It is marvelous.

No, mine is not for sale.
Never.

Airpistolero
Tre Kronor

patents

Post by Tre Kronor »

Hello, Anders.

Be sure to register a pending patent for the swede comp. Or else some sneaky fellow might just "done stole" the chole concept.

Beware.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

Airpistolero,
Its a shame you hold that view, especially given that difference between most elite shooters is not the gun they shoot, but their mental strength. I acknowledge some gun make it easier to shoot good shots (example Tau-7 vs LP10), however it’s not the gun or any shooting accessories that will help you win an event, its you and how mentally tough you are. Anyways, I’m pleased that it appears that your view is held by the minority of shooting enthusiasts on this message board. With that said I respect the fact that you are entitled to your own opinion and had the conviction to speak you mind.

Best of luck to you

Brian

Andres and Tre,

I agree with Tre that if there isn't a patent pending for the design their should be as peoples intellectual property should be protected.

Take care,

Brian
Airpistolero

jokes

Post by Airpistolero »

Thanks, Brian.

My post was ironical, just a joke. Scandinavian irony. I thought that was obvious.

Best of luck to you too, Brian.

Airpistolero.
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

With regards to how to handle the business transaction, I would suggest that anonymous-manufacturer let our gracious host, Pilkington, do the job. They obviously have all the experience and means to handle the import and money transactions. A modest mark up will help them stay in business and will support this bulletin board. They are great people and deserve our support. Seeing it as a Pilkingtom product would also make it easier for me to decide whether this is for real or just hype. I would also suggest to the maker that if he produces a new batch, he may want to consider making them also fit other pistols, rather than just the Morini. At least I got the impression that that was the case.

swedish compensator again

Post by Guest »

Yes, those fabulous comps were originally made for the Morini 162s. They can be attached to any other AP with same barrel diameter. Most APs have standard Walther Lothar barrels, by the way.

The only problem when attaching it to a AP other than the M162 is the fixing of the front sight to the comp. Different makes of APs have different front blades, - widths of bases, sizes of screw, hights etc.
But with a little home-customizing the swedish comps can be used with most any AP.
The comps look good, and perform very well.
Hope the new pictures of the comps will appear here soon.

correction

Post by Guest »

The barrel maker is Lothar Walther of course, not the other way around.

Sorry.
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

Are the any pictures or specifications for the Morini air pistol compensator. I certainly like the one attached to my free pistol!

A post also mentions use of these by UK shooters, do you have any details (please pm me if you wish) as we have not seen these in the field. Will any body with these be at the Europeans Air Championships (maybe with a few to sell?).

Many thanks
Paul
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Hi Folks,

I've been trying to find a picture of this compensator - would somebody please post one? Please? Pretty please? I saw a reference in an earlier post on this topic but haven't been able to find the picture that it described.

I have a friend going to Munich and Milan World Cups and might ask him to purchase one of these for me while he's there if the necessary arrangements can be made. Obviously I don't want to purchase something "sight unseen" so a picture would be a great help.

Thanks for your assistance!