Trigger settings

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

hardhit

Trigger settings

Post by hardhit »

Hello All,

I wanted to ask which would be the best trigger setting. Pressure point trigger or a 2 stage trigger. If the second option would be the best would it be a long or a short 1st stage ?

I myself went from a 2 stage trigger with a relative long 1st stage with no pressur to a pressure point trigger with no 1st stage.

What are the pro's and cons for the 2 types of trigger settings.

See ya,

Hardhit
Curt

Post by Curt »

trigger settings are all personal preferance. i like a long fist stage with almost no resistance, and a second stage that is light enough to not distract me.

the long first stage helps me to prevent firing when i am not ready to do so.
1813benny

trigger settings

Post by 1813benny »

What I have experienced is that the single stage trigger is typically a favorite of prone shooters while the two stage trigger is favored by those who shoot position.

The pros and cons between the two triggers were of much greater importance years ago when the quality of triggers left much to be desired. The single stage trigger was typically much more consistant than the two stage variety.

With the recent advances in the triggers, the pros and cons have dissolved into personal preference being the real driving force between the two.

From a personal standpoint, I like a two stage trigger.
-Ken