Any sight color/viz restrictions in 10m AP?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Houngan

Any sight color/viz restrictions in 10m AP?

Post by Houngan »

The ISSF rules seem to only disallow coverings and electronics/lens optics. Can you put high-viz sights on, or paint the front sight white?

H.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Why do you want to use high-viz sights?

Most ranges should have proper lighting. I think a white or high-viz front site would not provide a crisp/clear enough out line and allow you to see the gaps clearly.
CraigE

white sight

Post by CraigE »

IMHO, I tried it; didn't work at all for me. CraigE
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Disregarding any possible advantages or disadvantages, the answer to the initial question is yes. You can put high-viz sights on, or paint the front sight white.
Tom Suswal

Post by Tom Suswal »

would the color on the frount sight help with a center hold. I ask this because I was think of trying a colored sight for center hold in C/F pistol.
Fred Mannis

Colored Front Sight

Post by Fred Mannis »

Tom,
The problem with a colored (painted) front sight is the increased glare. Even with a matte black front sight it is possible to get enough glare to change the point of aim. That's why some shooters coat the front post with carbon black from a flame.
There is usually enough contrast between the grey (appearing) bull and the black front sight to maintain a good sight picture, particularly in T/R fire.
I have tried various colored front sights over the years and found that they don't work for me. YMMV.

Fred