shoot free to improve in air.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Nano

shoot free to improve in air.

Post by Nano »

To the forum:

I read a new topic in this forum, about any proven value to training with two different guns, both guns are air pistols.

I am asking the same question but between two diferente disciplines (air pistol and free pistol).

An old shooter of my club asked me for that I didn't shoot free pistol.
I told him that I wanted to have a good score in air pistol and newly I would pass to free pistol, for focuse the training.
He said that the form of improving in air pistol is shooting free pistol, I want to knows the valuable opinion of you on this topic.
Thank You,

Nano
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Nano,
I would have to agree. You have to be much more precise with your free pistol than air as it is extremely unforgiving of errors. For me it helps me really focus on my foresight, sight picture and smooth action. It also seems to help prevent bad shots in that they are just about OK in AP but in free they can throw you out into the white - so you don't do them (well not quite as much anyway ;-) ).

Rob.
pete

Post by pete »

I use AP to help with FP -- I have a 10m AP range in my basement, which is much easier than going to the club to shoot FP. All the hard stuff is the same: mental concentration, breath control, trigger control, sight picture, etc. Plus AP is my moment of zen -- no bang, no recoil, no range commands ...
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Seems to me that what matters most is practice time, format is a minor concern.
pete wrote:I use AP to help with FP -- I have a 10m AP range in my basement, which is much easier than going to the club to shoot FP. All the hard stuff is the same: mental concentration, breath control, trigger control, sight picture, etc. Plus AP is my moment of zen -- no bang, no recoil, no range commands ...
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

Truly I believe that the FP is the gun that gives me the most positive feedback to both AP and Bullseye as well. I have found the more I practise FP the more my scores in both AP and Bullseye show a positive trend. My FP scores, however do not seem to improve an awful lot---must be my age catching up to me, or the truth combined it is a hell of an unforgiving target at 50' and the gun itself gives nothing away in the " I forgive you department."