Steyr Sport Evo10 and Evo10E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Scrench

Re: Steyr Sport Evo10 and Evo10E

Post by Scrench »

Interesting to see that Steyr grips now have little in the way of finger grooves, and that they've caught on to what I've been preaching for years by venting the barrel shroud to cut weight. You shoot better with a lighter gun, it just needs to be enough weight, if the balance is correct. The question is, what is enough for you? For me, right around 920-940g hits the spot. Why wear your arm out by lifting weight you don't have to?

Scrench
TB

Post by TB »

Scrench wrote:Interesting to see that Steyr grips now have little in the way of finger grooves, and that they've caught on to what I've been preaching for years by venting the barrel shroud to cut weight. You shoot better with a lighter gun, it just needs to be enough weight, if the balance is correct. The question is, what is enough for you? For me, right around 920-940g hits the spot. Why wear your arm out by lifting weight you don't have to?

Scrench
As far as I can see the weight of the evo10 is the same as for the LP10.
therider

Post by therider »

I think that data sheets are wrong! See for example the sight length of the various models
TB

Post by TB »

therider wrote:I think that data sheets are wrong! See for example the sight length of the various models
What's wrong with the listed sight lenghts? They look right to me.
therider

Post by therider »

360mm is not the max, it's the sight length with the rear sight pushed forward
Scrench

Post by Scrench »

Same SNAFU with Walther LP400 Compact AP's. Specs say max line of sight is 360mm, but that's with the rear sight at it's minimum. There are another two inches available if you move the sight back, so a potential of 410mm. Mine sits at 383mm right now. Absolutely one of the biggest reasons to get a LP400 if you are in the compact market, nobody else comes close.

Scrench