USA Shooting Air Cylinder Policy UPDATED 03-13-13

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Eurastus

Post by Eurastus »

Hmmm......

The two immaculate FWB 103 pistols and two equally fine FWB 603 rifles sitting in my gun locker do seem awfully inviting all of a sudden.

I'm actually glad I never spent the money for PCP...and here I was longing for a fancy new P44. Well, maybe not anymore.

Now I understand why my old "crankers" got so much attention at the last informal shoot. I was sure the horror stories the folks were laying on me about replacement cylinders were bunk.

Guess not.

Before, all the young shooters would just sneer at my obsolete old guns. This thread explains why so many came over to try a shot or two during the setup for the last match.

I suppose I'm just an old fart, but I have always liked my self-sufficient SSP air guns.

Guess I'll just keep shootin' 'em.

YMMV and all that...

Just sayin'.....
Rover

Post by Rover »

I guess we "old farts" will just have to keep trying to snap these youngsters out of the their "cheap sh*t."

I suspect they'll never learn.
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

If my Diana 100 could fit in my FWB 700 stock that'd be what I'd shoot but unfortunately that's not going to happen :P

Post by Guest »

At the WMG, the equipment check appeared to be thorough, but standing in line, I didn't notice the AP checker look at the cylinder dates. And I watched him closely. But he was a young guy and could have seen these dates without appearing to be looking while he was noting serial numbers. But I had an in-date cylinder to use just to be safe. And I now have it for use in the 3X air in December.
Rover

Post by Rover »

When you're in the Springs, be sure to hit the Phantom Canyon Brewery for your guzzling needs.

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." ~Jack Handey