.32 ACP

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

The Walther PP and PPK are definitely unsuited for any kind of serious target work, as you have found out. Notwithstanding the strange abomination that existed for some years in the 1960s as the "Walther PP Sport" in .22 lr with an extended barrel, spurred hammer, SA only trigger and larger grips with an allusion of thumbrest.

The Star IR is a lot closer to an informal sport pistol in 7,65mm. To the best of my knowledge however, the I and IR (110 mm barrel) were never made as the longer-barrelled "Sport" and "Target" variants, such as the .22 FR.

Alexander
schatzperson

32 ACP

Post by schatzperson »

Yes, the PP is of course not suitable for target work; I pointed out this example just to illustrate the accuracy potential of the cartridge only.

Speaking of 32 ACP guns, I believe Benelli made a version of their Model 76 in this caliber. They certainly had a target version of this inertia locked pistol in 9mm Luger, the MP3S; I own one and it will outshoot any of the super expensive 9mm guns including 1911's from Tiffany & Faberge and present heirlooms from Sig. It handles better than the P210 and I sold my Sphinx 3000 because I could not stand the fact that a 300 Euro pistol performs so much better than one that costs literally 10 times as much.
Its in the tilting barrell guys.

Anyway, enough about Browning archaics. The Benelli target version in .32 was designated the MP35 . It seems Benelli did away with the ineria lock in this one. I saw one for sale on gunsamerica a while ago.

I look at a 32 LWC catrige, and I can see brass that was designed to be lovingly and deliberatly inserted in revolver chambers at liesure, adagio adagio.
You pick up a 32 ACP and the first thing it does, is it pivots down, nose first looking for an available chamber; The thing is balanced and streamlined for speed. vrooomm vrooom !

As much as love old stuff, I cant just bury my left hemisphere.
If the 32 ACP has the accuracy , then it will function better in an auto loader than a revolver cattrige.
Old habits ( especially bad ones) die hard.
Allshooting

Post by Allshooting »

I would vote for 32ACP instead 32S&W Long too. Is there any big enough forward magazine target pistol that could be converted to 380ACP?