Alternative to 1911 for Accurate .45

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

6string

Post by 6string »

Anyone interested in more information regarding the George Wilson 45 pistol can view the patent drawings here:
(Note that there are 13 pages you can navigate from the left)

http://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=2975 ... patimg.htm
bbh791

Post by bbh791 »

Very interesting old thread. I never did well with a 1911 frame in bullseye. Gave it up for awhile and then purchased a GT-45. Shot better with it but not up to my expectations. Still looking for a .45. I wish Ruger would make a .45 bullseye gun with the same grip angle as the MKII Government Comp. I did very well in bullseye with The MKII. I just shoot the .22 ( moved up to a X-Esse) and say the heck with the centerfire. I am enjoying it.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Popular saying here: "You can't buy points."

Works for me.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

Rover wrote:Popular saying here: "You can't buy points."

Works for me.
but its not true! you can buy points and we all do it, better gun, better ammo, better optics and so on, every upgrade in something that increases accuracy buys us some points till we reach our talent level.
GOVTMODEL

Can You Buy Points?

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Works for me.
The first time I went to SAFS, one of the panelists commented, "Every point you buy is one fewer you have to shoot yourself."
Isabel1130

Re: Can You Buy Points?

Post by Isabel1130 »

GOVTMODEL wrote:

Works for me.
The first time I went to SAFS, one of the panelists commented, "Every point you buy is one fewer you have to shoot yourself."

Yes, but a bit more complicted than that. It takes a while to figure out why you may shoot one gun, or one sight system or a particular trigger better than another.

People are not very objective or scientific when measuring their own performance.

Right now I am struggling with the mental aspects of shooting. I can shoot better than the master next to me on one target, and worse than the marksman on the other side on the next target.

The important thing about your equipment, is confidence, and familiarity, so you can focus on your shot process.
Rover

Post by Rover »

What ho, varlets! Thou defiest the conventional wisdom dispensed by the Grand Poobahs of TT? I don't doubt that many have tried and failed.

Many here have discovered to their cost that, as Isabell the Virtuous said, "The important thing about your equipment, is confidence, and familiarity, so you can focus on your shot process."

That doesn't mean you can't tweak it, though.