practice

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

"When you dug yourself into a hole, put down the shovel."
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Russ wrote:It makes me wonder, if you do not understand what is the topic about, what is the point to talk here at all?
Aren't you touchy.

All that I was describing was a different level of performance in addition to those that you and Gerard seemed to be describing.

That was done as a further example of the differing levels of comitment and expertise required for different expectations.

Depending on your ultimate goals, paid for coaching or "consulting" might be justified. Whether an individual coach is worth the price charged is however dependant on his abilities to get the best performance from his student rather than his own individual shooting achievements or paper coaching qualification.
Russ

Post by Russ »

David, what is your contribution for the actual topic “practice”?
FredB

Post by FredB »

william wrote:How many pages on this thread?

Russ and Gerard have, I fear, become two rutting bull moose with their antlers tied in a death lock (with Mr. Derr occasionally prodding at Russ' flank).
William,

I like the image, with emphasis on the "rutting" and "bull". However David's current involvement makes me think that what we really have here are two tar babies. Make contact at your own peril.

FredB
Russ

Post by Russ »

I do not have any intention to damage David's reputation. Since 2005, we do not have drastic deviations from the point of view. I never questioned or evaluated his inputs. I just have no idea why he thought to measure and compare my posts with someone else's.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Russ wrote:David, what is your contribution for the actual topic “practice”?
I've got news for you Russ, topics evolve.

I was certainly not the first person on this thread to mention international level scores or, indeed, paid for coaching / "consulting". Does it mean that any posts on this thread about those subjects should no be allowed? Obviously not.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Russ wrote:I do not have any intention to damage David's reputation.
You're welcome to try Russ, there's not that much of it. I wonder why you would want to though as I have not tried to damage yours.
Russ wrote:I just have no idea why he thought to measure and compare my posts with someone else's.
All that I said was that you and Gerard seemed to be describing the requirements to reach different levels in our sport. I certainly didn't say that one approach was right and the was wrong.
Russ

Post by Russ »

If you have any intention to help others please try to assist with the actual topic.
If you would like to discuss new topic ideas as “to pay or not to pay for coaching”, this is out of my interests also.

I do not do traditional coaching.

I do consulting! (Initial evaluation of performance, goal assessment, and initial practice or class of 8 hours , support over certain period of time. Progress is guaranteed based on initial level of performance.)
Russ

Post by Russ »

"All that I said was that you and Gerard seemed to be describing the requirements to reach different levels in our sport. I certainly didn't say that one approach was right and the was wrong".[/quote]

This is why I told not to long time ago to make new forum: "Competitive Olympic Pistol"
Last edited by Russ on Sat May 05, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jackh

Post by jackh »

In the US, 570 level is extremely rare and has a very small client base that even wants to aspire to 570. Seems that client base is what Russ is aiming at. Perhaps, Russ, you should choose a larger base. Help some of us 520 shooters reach 535, than 550. Success comes in small leaps. So does credibility.
Russ

Post by Russ »

jackh wrote:In the US, 570 level is extremely rare and has a very small client base that even wants to aspire to 570. Seems that client base is what Russ is aiming at. Perhaps, Russ, you should choose a larger base. Help some of us 520 shooters reach 535, than 550. Success comes in small leaps. So does credibility.
For me does not matter what level of my student. 480 or 520
I will guarantee progress to any of them.
I need someone to pay attention of my instructions. There is no uncertainty in my approach.
Thank you for constrictive input "jackh".
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Russ wrote:If you have any intention to help others please try to assist with the actual topic.
If you would like to discuss new topic ideas as “to pay or not to pay for coaching”, this is out of my interests also.

I do not do traditional coaching.

I do consulting! (Initial evaluation of performance, goal assessment, and initial practice or class of 8 hours , support over certain period of time. Progress is guaranteed based on initial level of performance.)
Would you care to follow your own suggestion? That is, would you ever contribute to to the actual topic of someone else's thread, in this case 'practice'? What I continual question here is the relevance of your ever-present pleas for shooters to attend your course to the topic of 'practice.' I'm not sure how that is 'bull'... especially considering that Russ seems in this quoted post to agree wholeheartedly that sticking to the topic is important... just prior to once again pitching his services.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Dear Gerard , let’s pretend for a second this is already “Competitive Olympic forum”, so your identity Is unknown yet. I ‘m agree with David, that is no ground for us to discuss anything at this point.
Keep posting my friend and stay positive!
jackh

Post by jackh »

Russ wrote:
jackh wrote:In the US, 570 level is extremely rare and has a very small client base that even wants to aspire to 570. Seems that client base is what Russ is aiming at. Perhaps, Russ, you should choose a larger base. Help some of us 520 shooters reach 535, than 550. Success comes in small leaps. So does credibility.
For me does not matter what level of my student. 480 or 520
I will guarantee progress to any of them.
I need someone to pay attention of my instructions. There is no uncertainty in my approach.
Thank you for constrictive input "jackh".
The thing is, I do not recall having heard a single bit of "instruction" on this forum. Not even an example carrot. Write a tip or two now and then.

I have read the articles by Mr. Piddubnyy. His concept on the importance of stability is something I have come to believe from my own coachless experiences. The point he makes about gripping with the thumb and pinky joints come very close to what I believe. Perhaps I can blend Mr. Piddubnyy's tip and my own into something better for me.
Russ

Post by Russ »

The current approach is based on different tips and advice. So far, we do not see too much progress based on the national performance and elevated score development. As I have said many times, I will not provide any tips; I have to evaluate performance. If there is any motivation, I will provide the complete structure and system based on the same fundamentals with a clear understanding for mature individuals. The game is based on tips that lead to a dead end. I do not want to be part of this development. It is time consuming and counter productive. To help someone, I have to explain the whole concept. This takes my time. If someone is not motivated enough to listen to me or accept my concept, there is no point for me to preach about that. I already have a group of international students who are working on this concept and they are doing pretty well. I have a few more international students coming this summer. I do not just believe they will surpass the previous success of Mr. John Robinson. For many years, I was trying to reach the U.S. community; I am tired of it. Right now, my goal is to supply my model of performance to any country and to any athlete who have the inspiration and dream to perform a respectful score in Olympic style target shooting.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Happiness all.
Last edited by Greg Derr on Sun May 06, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Greg Derr wrote:Have you tried Iran or North Korea? You may fit right in.
Are you talking about people of those countries?
Russ

Post by Russ »

Is anything wrong with reading this forum by any athlete around the world?
Last edited by Russ on Sat May 05, 2012 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ

Post by Russ »

This is the spirit!
Russ

Post by Russ »

Newer heard that sales of Olympic pistols banned to those countries. Please update me on this issue.