New Dress Code Interpretation

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

peterz

Post by peterz »

I doubt I'll ever shoot at that level :-( , so that will make my life easier.

thanks.

pete
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Richard H wrote:Unless you're a national team member for your respective NGB you aren't subject to drug testing as you've never signed an agreement and don't report your whereabouts.
That's not quite true, that would only cover out of competition testing. Shooting competitions under ISSF rules 'usually' includes a doping section on their entry forms. As such drug testing can be done at any competition shooting under those rules. For example our national pistol championships (which are open to all), are generally attended by drug testers and the winners + some others, will be tested.

Rob.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

RobStubbs wrote:
Richard H wrote:Unless you're a national team member for your respective NGB you aren't subject to drug testing as you've never signed an agreement and don't report your whereabouts.
That's not quite true, that would only cover out of competition testing. Shooting competitions under ISSF rules 'usually' includes a doping section on their entry forms. As such drug testing can be done at any competition shooting under those rules. For example our national pistol championships (which are open to all), are generally attended by drug testers and the winners + some others, will be tested.

Rob.
Why do I not find that surprising. I'm sure they probably video tape you in the bathroom then grab your urine when you leave too. i know how much you guys in the UK like rules, you've never met one that you didn't like and embraces with full vigour.

I'll re preface my comment as to pertaining to North America where individuals still have rights and have't given them over to the collective yet.
Anschutz

Post by Anschutz »

So we wont' be seeing you at the world championships then.Colin
Jimmy33

Post by Jimmy33 »

Richard H wrote:
RobStubbs wrote:

Rob.
Why do I not find that surprising. I'm sure they probably video tape you in the bathroom then grab your urine when you leave too. i know how much you guys in the UK like rules, you've never met one that you didn't like and embraces with full vigour.

I'll re preface my comment as to pertaining to North America where individuals still have rights and have't given them over to the collective yet.
The same testing regime would apply for say the US National Champs. Or Canadian. By entering the competition, you have consented to testing. If selected to test, you are free to decline giving a sample, but no medal for you, perhaps a couple year ban. And it's not video taped, but the same gender tester has to witness the pee going in the cup. Very intimate.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Richard H wrote:
I'm not quite sure what your 'anti UK' political ramblings have to do with ISSF shooting, and as you'd see above, exactly the same thing applies to your own sweet country.

Rob.
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

The aversion of American athletes to illegal drug testing is well known.
I am sure it is a human rights concern and nothing else!
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Makris D. G. wrote:The aversion of American athletes to illegal drug testing is well known.
I am sure it is a human rights concern and nothing else!
Good one!
Anschutz

Post by Anschutz »

Well if you don't want to be tested don't shoot at international level,simple.
Why is it certain people believe it's a violation of their rights.It wouldn't have to be carried out if everybody played by the rules, no performance enhancers etc,unfortunately some don't, so this is what has to be,get over it.
Colin
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

The latest version of the ISSF Dress Code has been released.

As far as I can see, there are changes to guidelines 2, 7 & 8.

The "link" code doesn't seem to be working so here is the address again:-
http://www.issf-sports.org/getfile.aspx ... file=Dress Code_V3.pdf

(I think you will have to manually type in everything after "Dress", including the space which seems to be causing the problem)