Free rifle stock for Rem 700

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Bob Foth

300m

Post by Bob Foth »

Robert,
Welcome to a great game (300m.)
It is so much fun IF you have good equipment.
You mentioned getting "kicked hard" and relaxing. I would suggest that you also consider going with 6BR or 6NormaBR.
It shouldn't kick too badly, helping you maintain position and technique over a long course of fire. It should also work well in the wind, especially if you use the Berger 105VLD bullets.
Have fun!
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

If a Sitzman XTC Stock will work for 300m, then maybe this is something I need to think about. Since it's labelled 300m is this 3P all done at 300 meters? I don't have access to the course of fire here at work. What course of fire is 300m International?

Thanks

Mike
Bob Foth

300m.

Post by Bob Foth »

There are 3 ISSF type events fired at 300m.
2 are with a free rifle with very few stock restrictions (not familiar w/ Sitzman):

3X40 - 40 shots each in prone, standing and kneeling

Prone - 60 shots prone.

The third is a standard rifle event, with a stock similar to the air rifle rules.
It is a 3X20.

All of the events have relatively long time limits - no rapid fire.
The ISSF website should have more detailed rules for you.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

mikeschroeder wrote:Hi

If a Sitzman XTC Stock will work for 300m, then maybe this is something I need to think about. Since it's labelled 300m is this 3P all done at 300 meters? I don't have access to the course of fire here at work. What course of fire is 300m International?

Thanks

Mike
Mike, the 300 Meter game is position shooting, just like NRA highpower. Thus, any stock used for NRA Highpower will work just fine for 300 Meter.

If you are only a HP shooter, you just need to develop your kneeling position, as it is mandatory in ISSF rifle (smallbore and 300 M). Standing and prone are same o'.

When I lived in Wichita, I used to go to the 300 M prone and 3 P annual match at the Capital City Gun Club in Topeka. I and several others shot it with an AR-15 service rifle, some with M14s, some with Model 70s, and some with AR-15 spaceguns. A good time was had by all!

Check this out for ISSF rifle rules http://www.issf-shooting.org/rules/2003 ... 01_4th.pdf
milanuk

Post by milanuk »

Question for you who have shot the 300m 3-P (or even just the Prone): Are the 300m shooters pretty tolerant of letting people w/ gear that's technically not legal shoot along for fun? i.e. if a person shows up w/ a NRA HP 'hardback' heavy coat, most definitely non-ISU legal is anybody going to pitch a fit if they just shoot for fun, not for a submitted score? Some sports I've been involved in people got pretty wrapped around the axle about not being able to play unless you had *all* the requisite gear up front.

Thanks,

Monte
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

You might also post this question on the florida smallbore site. One of the fellows there just finished shooting the 300m matches at Ft. Benning. He could probably give you some insight. www.floridashooting.com
milanuk

Post by milanuk »

Actually I just got an email back from German Salazaar (the moderator of the Florida Highpower and Smallbore forums). He just turned in an article to Precision Shooting on the rifles the US AMU guys were using in the matches; still a couple months out :(

He'd mentioned in a post on the HP board about the 300m matches that there had been a number of rifles, including 40X's, mounted up in Anschutz Free Rifle stocks. I'd emailed him asking if he knew anything about the adapters they used (assuming the AMU guys would use the latest aluminum stocks). He said that though they obviously had access to aluminum stocks if they wanted them, all their rifles had wood stocks (at least those, I think there were some Bleikers that were all Bleiker parts).

Interesting.

Monte
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

You notice that Anti and Emmons use wood stocks. I am not conviced that alu is the be all and end all that some believe. Wood has some advantages.
KREBAUM

Post by KREBAUM »

Robert,

Randy Gregory ( 715-748-4427 ) makes an adapter block for the 2313 stock for use with a Remington 700 action and a RPA Quad-Lite action. Neal Johnson has two used 2313 stocks for sell on his Web site. I am just finishing one of these projects, 2313 stock, Quad-Lite action, RPA trigger, Krieger 1x8 twist barrel 28" chambered in 6br imp. Good luck.

Greg
Tom SB

Post by Tom SB »

Try Sinclair International (sinclairintl.com I think). They make a position aluminum stock for the 700 for around $500.
jpretle

Re: Free rifle stock for Rem 700

Post by jpretle »

Robert wrote:Would you advise where I can find a Free Rifle stock that allows Remington 700 action to fit in?

Thank you in advance.
Robert, contact me @:jandl@in-tch.com, I have what you are looking for. Jim
40EZXS's

Re: Free rifle stock for Rem 700

Post by 40EZXS's »

Robert wrote:Would you advise where I can find a Free Rifle stock that allows Remington 700 action to fit in?

Thank you in advance.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Fellow shooters,
I would like to thank you all for your great suggestions and encouragements. I have located a 40x 70's made wooden stock for my 223. I can now shoot it comfortably for all 3Ps, but prone feels the best.

I also located an Anschutz free rifle wooden stock. I will be looking for an either 700 or 40x action to build a 6 BR Norma this winter.

Sincerely, Happy Holidays,
Robert