pellet consumption

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Grippy

Re: pellet consumption

Post by Grippy »

180 seems like a lot. Particularly when you do it at a reasonable cadence. In competition you probably fire a shot every 40-50s right? So your dry fire should probably reflect that. Especially considering you should evaluate every execution during training. 180 would be over two hours of dry fire training per day.

I feel if you have the ability to dedicated 2-3 hours to training per day you are probably past the point where you should spend all that time with a pistol in hand. Instead include other kinds of training. Weight/core exercises, condition, other coordination exercises (learn to juggle) etc.
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

I am incorporating other training such as weightlifting (low weight, high reps), cardio, core, and stretching. Doing 180 reps a day dry firing on a blank wall is not that much for me. I usually do one set of 60 at lunch (I work from home), another after work, and another after dinner. All together I probably spend about an hour on it. It doesn't take as long because I am only dry firing on a blank wall, si I don't have to take the time to worry about sight pictyre, only sight alignment.

I have been an athlete in several other sports and even tried out some time ago for the USA handball team as a goalkeeper, so I have a lot of muscle strength going for me. A lot of my training focus now is on building muscle endurance.
Last edited by PirateJohn on Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

toddinjax wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:31 pm Pirate,
Are you actually lifting and holding your pistol just as live fire 180 per day? Seems like it would be enough to cause injury eventually?
My dry fires are against a blank wall, so it doesn't take as long per hold. My focus for those reps is on trigger control and follow through.