Steyr Popularity in Air Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
bmcross

Re: Steyr Popularity in Air Pistol

Post by bmcross »

j-team wrote:
bmcross wrote:Are the electronic triggers much different/superior to the mechanical triggers?
I have owned both Morini and Steyr electronic trigger air pistols, I'm now back to Steyr mechanical. I also had a Pardini SP electronic too, but the less said about that the better, back to mechanical there too!

I didn't shoot any better with electronic triggers and wouldn't own one again. The big reason for me is that if the mechanical trigger fails, I can fix it, with electronic you need factory support. That's OK if you are in Europe or close to the required support, but if you are down in the South Pacific like I am, it's a factor worth considering.
Interesting point J Team. Thanks for your comments. It’s slightly surprising to me that the electronic triggers don’t have the option for a mechanical override as a backup. But I’m sure complexity of design and space constraints play into that.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

+1 for mechanical triggers in air pistols.
I like electronic in 50m pistols though, and Morini CM84E is as popular here as anywhere else I expect.
As to brand popularity - I personally am a supporter of "underweight" or less represented brands and I've not found support (when needed) wanting on any of them, even from the South Pacific.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

bmcross wrote:
Interesting point J Team. Thanks for your comments. It’s slightly surprising to me that the electronic triggers don’t have the option for a mechanical override as a backup. But I’m sure complexity of design and space constraints play into that.
The Matchguns MGH1 can be had with that option.
trev

Post by trev »

I have a Match gun MGH1 the electronic trigger works very well but the mechanical trigger can only be adjusted down to a weight of 700gms. When I queried it with Match Guns they replied that the mechanical trigger is only there for emergency use if the battery runs out during a match. looking at the design I don't think it would take much modification of the mechanical trigger to enable it to be adjustable down to 500gms but this would need to be a factory mod.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

+1 for mechanical triggers in air pistols.
I like electronic in 50m pistols though, and Morini CM84E is as popular here as anywhere else I expect.
As to brand popularity - I personally am a supporter of "underweight" or less represented brands and I've not found support (when needed) wanting on any of them, even from the South Pacific.

+1
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

Electronic triggers are the way to go. The Pardini does have a nice mechanical though
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

j-team wrote:
bmcross wrote:Are the electronic triggers much different/superior to the mechanical triggers?
I didn't shoot any better with electronic triggers... . .
Do shooters buy electronic trigger pistols to shoot better or for a superior trigger feel ? (( Or 'flash value' and upmanship even)).

Someone earlier on predicted that one day soon all triggers will be electronic . That true ? Like now drivers are increasing driving automatic transmission vehicles as opposed to manual shifts .

Elmas
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

Elmas wrote:
j-team wrote:
Do shooters buy electronic trigger pistols to shoot better or for a superior trigger feel ? (( Or 'flash value' and upmanship even)).

Someone earlier on predicted that one day soon all triggers will be electronic . That true ? Like now drivers are increasing driving automatic transmission vehicles as opposed to manual shifts .

Elmas

The trigger is probably the most important thing when it comes to shooting. Try them all and see which works best for you. I love the feel of the 162EI trigger. I should have a CM200EI soon so i hope i like it as much or more.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Christopher Miceli wrote:
Elmas wrote:
j-team wrote:

Elmas
The trigger is probably the most important thing when it comes to shooting. Try them all and see which works best for you. I love the feel of the 162EI trigger. I should have a CM200EI soon so i hope i like it as much or more.
A good electronic trigger should allow more repeatable performance over time. It's not going to wear or require lubrication as much. My Morini triggers are both as good as the day they were new, and I have many 10's of thousands of clicks on my air pistol and probably close to 10 thousand on my free pistol. Morini's electronic triggers have stood the test of time, and mine have been 100% reliable. The only issue I ever had was when the battery shifted in my free pistol and lost contact. Very easy to fix.

The biggest advantage to me is ease of dry firing. I use the free pistol with an electronic trainer, and I can train in my basement at 10 meters independent of daylight or weather.