32 auto

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David M

Post by David M »

deadeyedick wrote:
I find this very interesting . Have you found any case that works better than the rest ? Also have you observed the effects of crimp related to neck tension release.
I am back shooting a .32 again, using Starline brass (thickest wall) but I have had to modify (oversize) all my dies to load .314 without distortion.
It seems a lot better but still not up to the .38 from the revolver.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Thank you...would you mind sharing what method you used to modify your dies to load .314 without deforming the cases, and what size you took them out to.
David M

Post by David M »

Most factory .32 dies are sizes for .311 diameter. I diamond lapped .004" out of the factory carbide sizing die and made a new neck sizer at .314" for the full length of my cast 134g wadcutter.
Now a fired case is resized approx .0015" with just enough neck tension to push a wadcutter 1/3 into the case by hand.
Modified taper crimp (part taper, part roll with a .005" neck reduction) holds it all in place.
PFribley

Post by PFribley »

I quit sizing my brass a long time ago. Use a 9mm sizing die to decap only.
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

You can get a .002 larger sizing die from Lee for a reasonable price. Don't remember what it was but seemed to be around $30. You have to call Lee because they won't be in the catalogs.

Considering the good results several of us have gotten with the 32 ACP, it won't be long before a lot of Bullseye shooters will be using them for center fire. It is so much easier than 32 long and the bullet only weighs 60-75 grains.

The case is short and we have been able to achieve very good accuracy without a lot of speed. Recoil for 25 yard loads are very light and for sure can be made lighter than the 32 long. I have only shot my own cast bullets but others have gotten results just as good using commercial Rim Rock lead bullets.

I actually get better results with a cast bullet than I do with factory loads or loading a factory jacketed bullet.

This all came about from the diligence of several of the people on this site, sharing their experience so it was easier and faster to get the results we now have. Good job everyone