Cost of the IZH-46M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
slofyr

Post by slofyr »

_Axel_ wrote:I looked around for FAS, trying to find the manufacturers site. Seems FAS do not exist any longer?!....
FAS is Domino in Italy....

http://www.dominoguns.com/

Whether Chiappa will actually be building the 6004, or just distributing it, is a question. They seem to handle products from several manufacturers. What FAS has needed for many years is better marketing.
Dehouser

Post by Dehouser »

mparker wrote:Since we did manage to work in the FAS 604, here is a comparison I found on another forum. This is not mine and I know nothing about the FAS 604 except by reputation.
I wrote that. I still prefer the 604 to IZH, by a country mile, but I enjoy having both pistols in my arsenal.

I agree with other posters here that the 46M is likely under priced - I paid around $400 in Canada for mine 4 years ago. I haven't laid hands on the 'new' FAS, but would like to. I can't imagine it is much different than previous, but I'll wait and see.
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Interesting information about the switch from the FAS 604 to the FAS 6004:

"FAS is a line of high-quality, high-performance academic/olympic shooting pistols manufactured in Italy by Domino S.r.l., a family-run business.
Due to recent personal issues, the company is now unable to proceed with the manufacture and distribution of these pistols any further; all the manufacturing rights, capabilities, technologies and projects were thus passed over to Chiappa Firearms, that's now introducing its own first batches of FAS 6004 single-shot, high power pneumatic 4.5mm/.177 airguns for ISSF pistol shooters. "

Source:
http://www.all4shooters.com/en/specials ... -fas-6004/

http://www.all4shooters.com/en/specials ... -FAS-6004/
paw080

Post by paw080 »

Hi guys, I guess I'll jump in here with a sweeping generalization:

A used FWB 100 series or Pardini model 58(in good condition) is a far better

choice 10 meter match SSP air pistol, than a brand new Izzy 46M can ever hope

to be. Pardini 58s and FWB mod 100s can be found for less money than the

new Izzys cost.... This is staying within the realm of SSPs. For $300 and up $$,

you can find some really nice accurate CO2 match pistols as well.

Tony
Rover

Post by Rover »

As many here know, I'm in total agreement with PAW080.

Don't neglect the FWB 65, 80, or 90, either.
poogi

Post by poogi »

So where are all these used FWB 100s for sale?
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

poogi wrote:So where are all these used FWB 100s for sale?
Easy now. Rover has actually admitted, today, the relative difficulty in obtaining one of these fine SSP pistols, here:

/viewtopic.php?t=45158

Here's his exact quote (emphasis mine):
Rover wrote:MY choice (if you can find one) would be a SSP, such as a Pardini K58 or FWB 100, 102, or 103, or Walther LPM1.
Guess we've reminded him enough times of this unfortunate fact in other threads and it's finally sinking in, slightly. Just try finding a Pardini K58 for sale, in any condition. The only one I know of on the buy and sell section of this board (one of the most likely places in North America to find one) in the past year was sold within less than 4 hours from posting. Another was sold on the Yellow forum a couple of years ago. And another was sold here back then, to a guy in my town, and I've contacted him to ask if he's sick of it yet (yeah, right) and he seems perfectly happy to hang onto the thing. The FWB's come up slightly more frequently. That is to say you might see 3 or 4 FWB SSP models coming up here per year. Wow, they're practically everywhere!
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

Haha I thought my chances of finding these in Australia was practically zero but I guess I can omit the 'practically' now.

Edit - And of course I just found a used FWB Model 100 that's been for sale for 9 months. I'll have to research it a bit because unfortunately I'm likely to be buying sight unseen and... touch unheld?
Rover

Post by Rover »

The FWB 100 is a beautiful gun (a bit large, though). I was extremely pleased with mine, but poor when I sold it to collector JoeG. It has no problem cranking out OVER 500 fps with light pellets.

Since it has been for sale for some time, I think an offer might be considered.