Question about jackets and EC

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Spencer

Post by Spencer »

FrankD wrote:Hi Robin,

there is one 'dirty' secret, if it comes to ISSF rifle rules.

The real native language is Bavarian, not German. And the first trouble begins often, if they try to translate that to the German language. Translating the German then to English is the more easy part. ;-)

By the way, this ever changing the butt plate and hook rules is an other great story and it shows so much wisdom. For prone i use a Keppeler butt plate without the hook. It fits perfect for me and now i'm also in trouble and there is no easy way without a file or flex to change this. :-(

Last point: The picture in the new ISSF rule book with this butt plate shows a slightly modified or fantasy Anschutz butt plate. The original was different and ... also crap for most shooters. It was universal, it fits no one. ;-)

Nothing is easy, never!

Regards and always good shooting

Frank
1.21.1 English is the permanent official language. The Constitution and all regulations, rules and legal or official communications must be published in the English language. The resolution of disputes must be conducted in the English language.
RobinC

Fun

Post by RobinC »

Frank

I think we've had enough fun and mischief with this subject as we are now starting to draw in the serious ISSF rules officiado's!
I suppose we should be lucky the rules were not drawn up in Schwabisch then no one would understand them, perhaps that is really what has happened!
My Wife and I both shoot Keppeler rifles in 300 mt, she also uses a Keppeler butt plate and hers has been checked and does comply with the new stupid 25 mm rule. She has the top length rod a little shorter to tip the plate top forward and its safely inside the 25 mm.
Hope to meet up one day and we can continue the mischief over a beer.
Good Shooting
Robin