Pardini GT45 - has anyone ransom rest tested a stock GT45

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Murph

Post by Murph »

The GT45 trigger is available from Pardini, when it is in stock. I have one one my new GT and it's great. I can now properly reach the trigger. It simply relocates the trigger further back making it more reachable. Email them if you want one. I only waited a few days for mine.
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Murph
Is it possible to post or email me a photo of the new trigger.
marty223@charter.net
Marty
Stephen51861

Post by Stephen51861 »

Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Thanks for posting the photo.
That is what I'd be looking for.
What is involved in installing it.
I looked at mine and it looks like a complete disassembly of the trigger group.
Stephen51861

Post by Stephen51861 »

Yes, it does require a complete dis-assembly of the trigger group. The good news is that it is EASY. I will try to find the time in the next week or two to do a you tube video on the procedure. I do not think they will have any more triggers in stock until the testing on the next one is completed.
Murph

Post by Murph »

I was a bit "gun shy" about doing it myself so I mailed it over to Pardini and they changed it for me. I had it back in a few days. After that I changed the ejector and after working on the gun more I am confident I could have changed the trigger too. These are so nice and easy to work on. Best 45 I own, hands down.
sobakavitch

. . . .

Post by sobakavitch »

. . . .
Last edited by sobakavitch on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

I have the GT9 6". It has a typical double stack sized grip. After shooting international sport and air pistols with typical Rink and Morini and Pardini grips, I tend to like a big fat grip over a small skinny one now.
Haven't done any accuracy testing with the 9.
The current civillian NRA 2700 record holder competes with a GT45 (think he set the record before shooting the GT45 but I am not certain) and from what I remember, he and Vladamir told me his shoots under 1 inch at 50yds. I was asking because I wasn't sure if this was more of an IPSC type gun or bullseye. Seems like it would do a better job at both than a 1911 would. I'm a 1911 guy though when it comes to large bore. Hope to add a GT45 to the collection one day though.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

USMC0802 wrote:I have the GT9 6". It has a typical double stack sized grip. After shooting international sport and air pistols with typical Rink and Morini and Pardini grips, I tend to like a big fat grip over a small skinny one now.
Haven't done any accuracy testing with the 9.
The current civillian NRA 2700 record holder competes with a GT45 (think he set the record before shooting the GT45 but I am not certain) and from what I remember, he and Vladamir told me his shoots under 1 inch at 50yds. I was asking because I wasn't sure if this was more of an IPSC type gun or bullseye. Seems like it would do a better job at both than a 1911 would. I'm a 1911 guy though when it comes to large bore. Hope to add a GT45 to the collection one day though.
Not wanting to argue but the facts are what they are...First observation to me would be if the pardini was that good you would have seen them in every top shooters hand at camp perry, but the 1911 is what the current reigning champion B.Zins has always won his 11 or 12 national championships with and every runner up shoots them also.
As for record holder, Who would this be? The current civilian NRA 2700 record holder (2680) has held it since 1974 and his name is Herschel Anderson and I know he does not own or shoot a pardini, and he set the records with a 1911 and a sw41. Not to say a gt45 is not a good gun, but they have been on the market for many years and I have yet to see any on the line at any match I have attended so that tells me they have a long way to go to replace the 1911 in todays completion scene.
lg2011

Post by lg2011 »

What 1911 models are being used by these top shooters?
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

lg2011 wrote:What 1911 models are being used by these top shooters?
B.Zins shoots one built by his sponsor Cabot guns, the military shooters shoot ones built by the AMU and the Marine gunsmiths, others shoot ones built by a variety of custom shops like, Accu-Lock, Chambers custom Pistols, Rock River arms, Les Baer, and many others, most all are built on the standard 5'' government model platform.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

lg2011 wrote:What 1911 models are being used by these top shooters?

The 1911 is a "model".

Since there are no applicable patents left, parts and frames are manufactured by a variety of different companies. Springfield, Colt, Kimber, STI, and Caspian, all manufacture 1911 frames, slides and parts. There are many others.
Caspian is quite popular with a lot of custom builders, because if I understand correctly, it is essentially a series 70 colt, which is both simple and easily customizable.
Some of the later 1911 designs like the Series 80 have an extra safety, with a different firing pin configuration, which a lot of competition shooters have found problematic.

Most custom gunsmiths like to start with oversize parts, and hand fit these parts to make the gun as accurate as possible.

This is really cool

http://animagraffs.com/how-a-handgun-works-1911-45/
ghillieman

Pardini GT45

Post by ghillieman »

The Pardini GT45 is an excellent pistol, especially for bullseye. This would be a great pistol even if it were hand built, but its not, its a factory gun. That's what makes this pistol even more impressive. After competing with a 1911 for years and being familiar with its fitted parts and complexity, the GT45 seems too simple to obtain the amount of accuracy that it does.

The 1911 is still, by far, the most popular bullseye pistol out there. It will probably never loose that distinction. But the design and performance of the GT45 blows a 1911 out of the water.

That's been my experience and opinion between the two. But please, keep bad mouthing the Pardni GT45, keep it a secret, it's too good of a gun and too easy to shoot for everyone to have it......
Isabel1130

Re: Pardini GT45

Post by Isabel1130 »

ghillieman wrote:The Pardini GT45 is an excellent pistol, especially for bullseye. This would be a great pistol even if it were hand built, but its not, its a factory gun. That's what makes this pistol even more impressive. After competing with a 1911 for years and being familiar with its fitted parts and complexity, the GT45 seems too simple to obtain the amount of accuracy that it does.

The 1911 is still, by far, the most popular bullseye pistol out there. It will probably never loose that distinction. But the design and performance of the GT45 blows a 1911 out of the water.

That's been my experience and opinion between the two. But please, keep bad mouthing the Pardni GT45, keep it a secret, it's too good of a gun and too easy to shoot for everyone to have it......
In pictures it looks like you could install a much wider trigger than a 1911 allows. I think many people would find that a big help.
My only concern would be availability of barrels that would handle bullseye type loads, without excessive leading.

I find the factory Sig Sauer 1911 to have a much better trigger than most other guns, but boy does that barrel lead up quickly shooting semi wadcutters. I would guess the twist rate is the issue.
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

Isabell, funny thing is, I get less leading with this gun than I do my Gold Cup. Load I'm using right now is a Lee cast 200 SWC sized at .452 with White Label Carnauba Red lube and 4.5gr WST powder, velocity is 830fps.
FYI, if you can shoot a Beretta 92, then you can shoot this gun. With the low bore and higher grip angle the recoil is much less compared to a 1911. The trigger's adjustability is really something that should be praised. US manufacturers should take note.

Oh, my lead mix, it's range scrap with just enough lino to get it to fill out the mold properly, so it's pretty soft.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

ghillieman wrote:Isabell, funny thing is, I get less leading with this gun than I do my Gold Cup. Load I'm using right now is a Lee cast 200 SWC sized at .452 with White Label Carnauba Red lube and 4.5gr WST powder, velocity is 830fps.
FYI, if you can shoot a Beretta 92, then you can shoot this gun. With the low bore and higher grip angle the recoil is much less compared to a 1911. The trigger's adjustability is really something that should be praised. US manufacturers should take note.

Oh, my lead mix, it's range scrap with just enough lino to get it to fill out the mold properly, so it's pretty soft.

That is a pretty hot load. Most people I know shooting 200g bullets are down around 4.0 with WST.

It is kind of amazing how one little thing can be the different between lots of lead, and hardly any at all.
I tend to shoot my Beretta better than my 45. For now, I am crediting the nice wide short(er) trigger.
sobakavitch

Post by sobakavitch »

. . . .
Last edited by sobakavitch on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murph

Gt45

Post by Murph »

I am very new to shooting sports and Bullseye comps. I hands down choose Pardini for 22 and CF. But I have born torn for months over shooting my wad 1911, a sub 1.5" gun at 50, or my new Pardini GT45. After flipping back and forth a dozen times, I decided to stay with the Pardini GT45. It's box stock and so far it seems dead accurate. It does not like lead rounds but the 185jhp flies out of it consistently and accurately.
The trigger is the best I have found. When you rack this GT45 or break it down for cleaning or something, it just has a different feel than any other 45. I tried to explain this to a friend so I showed him. He hit the nail on the head. He compared a 1911 to a GT as a regular car that gets the job done well (1911) to an AMG Mercedes sedan (Pardini). I agreed. My 1911 gets it done and it's great, but the GT just has a certain feel to it that's hard to put to words. I encourage anyone considering it to handle one. Break it down, put the mags in and out, and shoot it.
losw

Post by losw »

[quote=
Not wanting to argue but the facts are what they are....
As for record holder, Who would this be? The current civilian NRA 2700 record holder (2680) has held it since 1974 and his name is Herschel Anderson and I know he does not own or shoot a pardini, and he set the records with a 1911 and a sw41.[/quote]

Actually the facts are Herschel Anderson was active duty Army with the AMU when he set the record and therefore holds the Service and Open record. The civilian record holder is Jon Zurek with a 2679.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

"Or, if most folks place the trigger in the center of the crease of their finger, then a wider trigger would hardly be desired"

It does make for smoother triggering and a lighter feel if it doesnt, at the same time add length to the trigger which will change your angle of attack. Simple physics really.

My understanding is one advantage of the Colt Gold Cup is it has a wider match trigger. You would have to either cut the frame or add a trigger shoe to achieve the same width on a standard 1911.

There is a reason Olympic air pistols come with much wider triggers than 1911's. A lot of people shoot better with this wider trigger.

If you have larger hands, you can usually easily get your finger in a repeatable position on a standard 1911 trigger. If you have smaller hands, you are probably never going to achieve the correct angle of attack without cutting down the 1911 trigger. There are a few tricks, I have been told that will yield maybe an extra eighth of an inch by grinding down the grip safety.

I kind of balk at cutting a Caspian frame.

For women and junior shooters, these sorts of modifications can be helpful

The trade off in conventional pistol is a series of compromises with your grip, and trigger finger position that allow you to both trigger properly while at the same time allowing good recoil recovery in sustained fire.