Pardini K12 recoil absorption?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
pauln

Post by pauln »

Gerard wrote:
pauln wrote:Are the grips pivotable? thanks
No.
Seems a little surprising for a top of the line pistol
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

They are, like other manufacturers, of the opinion that once your grip fits, everything adjustable is just a distraction.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Indeed. Carving and/or using filler to correct the fit and angle of the stock grip in your hand should be all that is needed to obtain good sight alignment with a natural wrist position. The solidity of a non-pivoting grip is rather more reliable than a pivoting one. Consider a camera tripod ball head compared to a telescope tripod head - the small ball head cannot be as solid because of the tiny parts involved, with their inherent design and material limitations. A pivoting pistol grip offers convenience, but not without a small cost in absolute stability.

I understand the desire for this convenience, but for my use it made more sense to carve a new grip with the pistol frame turned to the right about 1.5° and the rake increased about 2° compared to the stock Pardini grip. By starting with these angles adapted according to what I learned from using and modifying a Rink grip I've been able to carve a new perfectly fitted grip without the use of any putty, as no angular corrections were necessary. But it takes some time to learn what is wanted and how to carve it. So for those wishing to have an immediate result they'll find ideal, the Steyr's pivoting trio does seem a better option.
j-team

Post by j-team »

pauln wrote:
Gerard wrote:
No.
Paul, the Pardini K12 is available in NZ at a great price. Buy one and then all your questions will be answered.
pauln

Post by pauln »

j-team wrote:
pauln wrote:
Gerard wrote:
No.
Paul, the Pardini K12 is available in NZ at a great price. Buy one and then all your questions will be answered.
Thanks for that Jason, had a look at the k12 vs lp10 price on various websites around the globe. The prices are very similar internationally but here in NZ the k12 is WAY cheaper !! And in stock so have ordered one , looking forward to its arrival in a day or two
j-team

Post by j-team »

pauln wrote: ...here in NZ the k12 is WAY cheaper !! And in stock so have ordered one , looking forward to its arrival in a day or two
You can't go wrong buying new. The price induced pain fades over time, but the quality remains!
baz

Re: Pardini K12 recoil absorption?

Post by baz »

I Hope I will have one in my hands on Monday,
Just starting in the sport

Baz
jbshooter

Re:

Post by jbshooter »

pauln wrote:
Gerard wrote:
No.
For adjustability on nearly everything you should look at a FWB P8X.
j-team

Re: Re:

Post by j-team »

jbshooter wrote: For adjustability on nearly everything you should look at a FWB P8X.
But looking at the FWB P8X just makes my eyes hurt!
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

The shroud is a bit much I agree...
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Not me...I love the shroud !

Fortunately I look at the sights and not the shroud.