Need help picking out a .45

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I use a S&W 945 for bullseye. I replaced the rear sight with a mount from BME for the Docter red dot - it has worked well for me.
If MBE oes not have a mont that fits your 45 they will cutom make a mount for a very reasonable price.
AmishEskimoNinja

Post by AmishEskimoNinja »

GunRunner wrote:
If you want a competition ready 1911 at a entry level price, the sprinfield armory range officer is the gun, comes with adjustable sights, very tight frame to slide fit, throated to feed wadcutters and will shoot 1 inch groups at 25 yards, some say theirs will do 2 inches at 50. gun retails for 795.00 but its hard to find sometimes due to there growing popularity and great reviews.
Well I picked one up this afternoon at a local gun store. I was almost ready to buy one a month ago, but couldn't decide. Hearing it will chamber wadcutters unmodified was pretty much what tipped me over.

I guess I'll take it on a test drive tomorrow!
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

AmishEskimoNinja wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
If you want a competition ready 1911 at a entry level price, the sprinfield armory range officer is the gun, comes with adjustable sights, very tight frame to slide fit, throated to feed wadcutters and will shoot 1 inch groups at 25 yards, some say theirs will do 2 inches at 50. gun retails for 795.00 but its hard to find sometimes due to there growing popularity and great reviews.
Well I picked one up this afternoon at a local gun store. I was almost ready to buy one a month ago, but couldn't decide. Hearing it will chamber wadcutters unmodified was pretty much what tipped me over.

I guess I'll take it on a test drive tomorrow!
If you go to shoot some and have a failure to feed, change to a wilson combat 7 round mag and it will run flawless. Many work fine with the stock mags but my sons would have a FTF every now and then till we switched mags. Now its 100%
AmishEskimoNinja

Post by AmishEskimoNinja »

I shot it yesterday. I was quite happy with the result. It shot the stock 230 gr FMJ and also the super light wadcutter loads I bought off of another bullseye shooter I know. I figured I'd have to change a recoil spring or something. I also had no failures of any kind.

As far as Accuracy I wasn't shooting 1" groups, but I'm just not a good enough shot to figure that out, even with sandbags. I might have to put it on my friends Random rest one of these days.